Snow!

xbl

It was said on the news at the weekend that priority for road clearing would be given to areas where mass vaccinations were taking place.  I’ve just driven into the centre of Dundee and the roads don’t look like they’ve been touched.

Snow still falling heavily here.

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It was said on the news at the weekend that priority for road clearing would be given to areas where mass vaccinations were taking place.  I’ve just driven into the centre of Dundee and the roads don’t look like they’ve been touched.

Snow still falling heavily here.

Are some of the people that work the gritters on furlough or something? Never seen the roads as bad as they are today and I feel the snow back in 08ish and a couple year back from now was much worse than this but I've barely seen any roads getting touched.

This is absolutely nuts. I can't remember seeing snow this thick in Dundee before, even during the infamous thundersnow 10 years ago, and the original beast from the east.

The "hats" of snow on my wheelie bins are like the photos you normally see of places in the middle of the Highlands during this kind of weather (and there, of course, it's even worse).

Even if the next couple of days are meant to be free of fresh falls, my car isn't going anywhere any time soon. Not just because of the snow it's buried in, but the streets outside were like a skating rink yesterday thanks to compacted snow - and are now covered in another few inches of fresh stuff. I've dug my wellies out of the cupboard so I'm happy enough walking to Asda for the shopping, even if it means splitting it over two days this week. 

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If he doesn't deliver he doesn't get paid. 

Shit state of affairs but he was a nice guy. Wouldn't even take a chocolate bar or a tin of juice for his trouble.