Snow!

xbl

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 26/02/2020 at 09:53, Rugster said:

Fords are fine in snow. I think it's your driving that doesn't cope well with snow.

Tbf, that incline looks like one those that sit there looking innocent, and no bother, and before you know it your car's running away from you.

Started snowing yesterday here at around 9am, right as I was queueing outside the supermarket to get in, kept snowing till around 10pm, I know it's coming every year but still a bit of a pain in the arse having to put boots on the dogs paws before we got out every time as the salt they use here is bad for their paw pads. Always interesting watching how awful people's driving gets when the first snow of the season comes too. 

(For fans of the movie Mean Girls, I'm sure there are a lot on here, the school in this picture is where it was filmed)

Snow school.jpg

Edited by Torpar

It started around 3 pm here and went into the night, here is my view this morning. Thankfully I am working from home as the first snowfall of the year always leads to chaos ok the roads as people forget how to drive in snow.

This happens every year people!IMG_20201123_084821151_HDR.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What are the advantages of living where you do North Americans? I intend living abroad, but I don't fancy going somewhere colder and wetter than where I already am.

What is the murder rate where you live?

49 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

What are the advantages of living where you do North Americans? I intend living abroad, but I don't fancy going somewhere colder and wetter than where I already am.

To be fair, it's lovely in the summertime here.  

Canada has a distinct advantage in the murder rate department over our crazy downstairs neighbours but the weather does have some bad patches.  The best option would probably be Vancouver Island, still Canada but the weather is a lot nicer.  

Winter can be harsh in Toronto, nowhere near as bad as even an hour north of here though but it does at least have four distinct seasons. As above, BC seems to have the best weather in Canada. 

2018 saw a record 98 murders in Toronto the 4th biggest city in North America, compared to Chicago the 5th biggest that had 500+. Year to date there have been 65

4 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Winter can be harsh in Toronto, nowhere near as bad as even an hour north of here though but it does at least have four distinct seasons. As above, BC seems to have the best weather in Canada. 

2018 saw a record 98 murders in Toronto the 4th biggest city in North America, compared to Chicago the 5th biggest that had 500+. Year to date there have been 65

Montreal probably has the harshest winters of the major Canadian cities, but the tradeoff is that it has the best restaurants and nightlife in the country (for when those things can be fun again).  

Also avoid Alberta, it's full of redneck morons

25 minutes ago, Torpar said:

You're going to have to get your finger on the trigger, Mr T

22 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Montreal probably has the harshest winters of the major Canadian cities, but the tradeoff is that it has the best restaurants and nightlife in the country (for when those things can be fun again).  

Alberta really does seem like the Florida of Canada and Sask seems embarrassingly institutionally racist with the Colten Boushie case, Starlight tours etc good luck to them with Wexit! Though I am still looking at Regina as a place to move to. 

2 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You're going to have to get your finger on the trigger, Mr T

Another victim of Covid, seems to have slowed the gangs right down this year. 

1 hour ago, Torpar said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/11/7/21553868/chicago-weekend-shootings-gun-violence-homicide-november-6-9-2020#:~:text= 43 shot%2C 8 fatally%2C in Chicago this,wounded early Monday on the Eisenhower... More

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Can confirm that living in Montreal in winter was incredibly cold.