Snow!

xbl

Got up this morning to do an early shop in M&S for Xmas food. Managed to get the car to the main road but the hill down to Falkirk is a nightmare.

Havent seen the main street completely white for a few year now, its nice :)

Ill leave it a few hours and see if Mr Plow helps out. Fortunately Ive got most of the food required. Just need asparagus and a selection of different meats for snaks later on. :D

I did most of my Xmas food shopping yesterday at 6am. It was great the place was empty :)

posted it in the wrong bloody thread!

the missus just texted, Edinbro's closed and she's stuck in cheeseland.

Bit of a pisser after being in transit for 30 hours.

Just taken 2 hours from west Edinburgh to Leith.1 fucking plough the whole way on the A71 at Sighthill. We live in a north European country,Radio 5 at 5 am forecast heavy snow in Edinburgh and disruption.Did all the council employee,s just curl up and stay in bed? The city centre was a disgrace,not a single road has been touched.LRT Buses skidding all over the place. There will be serious problems here today.Capy is about to e mail the council. :angry: .

Just taken 2 hours from west Edinburgh to Leith.1 fucking plough the whole way on the A71 at Sighthill. We live in a north European country,Radio 5 at 5 am forecast heavy snow in Edinburgh and disruption.Did all the council employee,s just curl up and stay in bed? The city centre was a disgrace,not a single road has been touched.LRT Buses skidding all over the place. There will be serious problems here today.Capy is about to e mail the council. :angry: .

Mr Angry wrote to the Scotsman today....

Guest The Phoenix

My wife left home at 6:30 to get to Edinburgh.

She's just phoned to say she's arrived only to find some of the people she was meeting have phoned to say they can't get in.

One woman who was in had SKIED from Portobello. :lol::lol:

Thought about making any New Year resolutions yet? :)

Edited by Granny Danger

Just watching a clown across the road trying to move his car at about 4000 revs in 1st gear, hope he doesn't get out if that's the standard of his driving, my streets like driving on pack ice but you can drive if you know what you're doing.

Guest The Phoenix

She's just phoned to say she's arrived only to find some of the people she was meeting have phoned to say they can't get in.

Update.

My wife has phoned to say her meeting is cancelled and she's coming home.

Edinburgh folk must be the biggest wimps on this planet.

Just watching a clown across the road trying to move his car at about 4000 revs in 1st gear, hope he doesn't get out if that's the standard of his driving, my streets like driving on pack ice but you can drive if you know what you're doing.

You been working in that?

You been working in that?

Ayr was fine, the surrounding villages were fair to hellish, went home when the temperature dropped, 2 degrees of a difference at the top of the hill at Templehouse to the bottom on the road to Tar-b.

Fortunately I didn't need to go near Killie or that stretch of the A77, treacherous conditions at times last night.

Everyone should remember, It's better to be 20 minutes late in this life than 20 years early in the next life.

Edited by ayrmad

Ayr was fine, the surrounding villages were fair to hellish, went home when the temperature dropped, 2 degrees of a difference at the top of the hill at Templehouse to the bottom on the road to Tar-b.

Fortunately I didn't need to go near Killie or that stretch of the A77, treacherous conditions at times last night.

Everyone should remember, It's better to be 20 minutes late in this life than 20 years early in the next life.

Cumnock was shut! Mauchline was just as bad. I just didn't go in.

Mr Angry wrote to the Scotsman today....

Yes

Mad

Thought about making any New Year resolutions yet? :)

No

Update.

My wife has phoned to say her meeting is cancelled and she's coming home.

Edinburgh folk must be the biggest wimps on this planet.

Maybe