Snow!

xbl

I'm glad someone else is on my wavelength. This has been annoying me for years all this pish about snow, it's not the fucking Alamo.

It's almost as if folk want to be inconvenienced.

It's a slow news time of the year so let's whip up some panic. Essentially what you could take from the reports on the news today;

1. If you try to catch a plane you will be living in the airport for two weeks
  2. If you attempt to drive anywhere you will die
  3. If you catch the Eurostar train you will be kept in a tunnel for weeks
  4. Leaving your house for longer than an hour increases massively the chances that you will die
  5. Shops are running out of food and farm animals are all dead

I'm not exaggerating! Chris Moyles is one of the worst for making the public believe that snow falls herald the end of days. Oh and that tit on Forth Ones's breakfast gig. How do people in Scandinavia cope with it all. These people must be super human!!!!

BBC this morning...

" I'm reporting live from a roundabout somewhere in Suburbia where millions of people have had to abandon their cars in live rough after 3cm of snow fell" and on he went. Honestly there was a few cms in the pictures they were showing.

What is it with people who just go to pieces in the snow?? We've got about 6" yet I and all my neighbours seem perfectly capable of getting into our cars and going to work.

Do people not know that the soloution to driving in snow is not your accelerator pedal? Don't new drivers get taught anything these days?

Oh and FFS, if you are one of the people who wipe snow off their windscreen and then climb in their car and drive off merrily with 3" sitting on your rear window, I salute you for being perhaps amongst the stupidest people on the road.

London drivers are bad at the best of time- hard accelerate- foot to the floor, hard braking and keep 3 inches from bumper at all times including snow and ice. Hence the chaos. They seriously do not know how to drive at all including in the dry!

It's a slow news time of the year so let's whip up some panic. Essentially what you could take from the reports on the news today;

1. If you try to catch a plane you will be living in the airport for two weeks
  2. If you attempt to drive anywhere you will die
  3. If you catch the Eurostar train you will be kept in a tunnel for weeks
  4. Leaving your house for longer than an hour increases massively the chances that you will die
  5. Shops are running out of food and farm animals are all dead

I'm not exaggerating! Chris Moyles is one of the worst for making the public believe that snow falls herald the end of days. Oh and that tit on Forth Ones's breakfast gig. How do people in Scandinavia cope with it all. These people must be super human!!!!

To be fair, some of the roads have been the worst I have seen in 20 odd years of driving over the last couple of days. It would seem that the Council staff, especially in North Lanarkshire, are the same as the rest of us and are winding down for their holidays.

Fucking snow.

had to ditch my motor twice <_<

I refused to drive my motorbike into work last night, the roads were atrocious. A gaffer came out in a van and picked me up. <_<

Threw some bread out this afternoon for the birds, and this guy was first down.

Were you up last Christmas? It was pretty heavy then. I remember about an hour of solid shovelling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day just so we could get our cars out to get to Church.

No, I've not been up since I left just over 2 years ago. I miss it though. :(

The amount of snow related facebook updates is what annoys me.

I don't update people saying "Guys, it's foggy outside", so I don't see why anyone needs to update me on what I can see with my very own eyes.

Presumably Facebook is a friends thing, so most people will live in clusters. P + B is worldwide. It's good to know what's happening in Inverness, UAE or New Zealand. I'll probably know from on here quicker if our game against Morton will go ahead or not on saturday, giving me more time to plan alternatives for if/when it does get called off.

BBC this morning...

" I'm reporting live from a roundabout somewhere in Suburbia where millions of people have had to abandon their cars in live rough after 3cm of snow fell" and on he went. Honestly there was a few cms in the pictures they were showing.

What is it with people who just go to pieces in the snow?? We've got about 6" yet I and all my neighbours seem perfectly capable of getting into our cars and going to work.

Do people not know that the soloution to driving in snow is not your accelerator pedal? Don't new drivers get taught anything these days?

Oh and FFS, if you are one of the people who wipe snow off their windscreen and then climb in their car and drive off merrily with 3" sitting on your rear window, I salute you for being perhaps amongst the stupidest people on the road.

And whilst I'm moaning, what's with the super slush this year? I have had to chisel frozen slush from under my wheel arches for the last few days. Never seen the likes of it before. I suspect that the councils have been saving money on sub standard grit as I have also noticed that the standard of road and pavement clearing has fallen well short of acceptable. It's all Gordon Browns fault.

I'm glad someone else is on my wavelength. This has been annoying me for years all this pish about snow, it's not the fucking Alamo.

It's almost as if folk want to be inconvenienced.

I agree with you fine gentlemen.

It's those soft London twats who are responsible. :D

Just started snowing heavily now in Skelmorlie. I'm heading out. :)

Fucking chaos if you're travelling today, absolute chaos. I'm flying to Bristol on Sunday so I hope the weather picks up by then, most of the flights between Glasgow and Bristol the past few days have been cancelled. :(

Aw, I lived in Skelmorlie for about 6 months and it never snowed once when I was there, I can imagine the view across the Clyde is brilliant right now.

There is WHITE MATTER on my DRIVEWAY, I MUST tell the INTERNET about it RIGHT NOW

I sat and giggled at this for a full 5 minutes, and I have no idea why I found it quite as funny as I did.

I've been awake for hours but have at no point looked out a window, pulled up blinds or opened curtains today, and there was no snow when I went to bed last night. Peeked out there and the stuff's everywhere, although traffic is moving as normal because we're not fucking pansies.