Snow!

xbl

Good couple of inches in Montrose this morning, I work in Aberdeen and the lad that gives me a lift said that it's a mess up there and the A90 is down to one lane in places.

So it's a snow day for me, just listening to the radio to see if the kids get off as well.

BBC this morning...

" I'm reporting live from a roundabout somewhere in Suburbia where millions of people have had to abandon their cars in live rough after 3cm of snow fell" and on he went. Honestly there was a few cms in the pictures they were showing.

What is it with people who just go to pieces in the snow?? We've got about 6" yet I and all my neighbours seem perfectly capable of getting into our cars and going to work.

Do people not know that the soloution to driving in snow is not your accelerator pedal? Don't new drivers get taught anything these days?

Oh and FFS, if you are one of the people who wipe snow off their windscreen and then climb in their car and drive off merrily with 3" sitting on your rear window, I salute you for being perhaps amongst the stupidest people on the road.

And whilst I'm moaning, what's with the super slush this year? I have had to chisel frozen slush from under my wheel arches for the last few days. Never seen the likes of it before. I suspect that the councils have been saving money on sub standard grit as I have also noticed that the standard of road and pavement clearing has fallen well short of acceptable. It's all Gordon Browns fault.

BBC this morning...

" I'm reporting live from a roundabout somewhere in Suburbia where millions of people have had to abandon their cars in live rough after 3cm of snow fell" and on he went. Honestly there was a few cms in the pictures they were showing.

I was laughing at that too. There was hardly any snow fall lying in some of the areas they were reporting from. :lol:

It's been on solid for an hour now, place is a total white out- awesome but am gan to the shops for my mum as she won't drive, and I need to walk. YUS.

Aberdeen snow is rubbish though. Why is it in the form of softer, smaller hail stones instead of flakes? It's really bizarre.

Aberdeen snow is rubbish though. Why is it in the form of softer, smaller hail stones instead of flakes? It's really bizarre.

<_< This could be a bite but we have proper snow, if my ruler was handy I'd go measure it up, I have a step up to my front door which is covered in snow, it's about one foot high and the snow comes over my ankles, bloody shit.

<_< This could be a bite but we have proper snow, if my ruler was handy I'd go measure it up, I have a step up to my front door which is covered in snow, it's about one foot high and the snow comes over my ankles, bloody shit.

No, seriously. Everytime I've seen snow in Aberdeen, it's been like wee tiny balls of snow, rather than flakes. It's really weird.

No, seriously. Everytime I've seen snow in Aberdeen, it's been like wee tiny balls of snow, rather than flakes. It's really weird.

Today it isn't, proper medium sized flakes, YAS as I type on the second gritter of the day has came by.

BBC this morning...

What is it with people who just go to pieces in the snow?? We've got about 6" yet I and all my neighbours seem perfectly capable of getting into our cars and going to work.

Do people not know that the soloution to driving in snow is not your accelerator pedal? Don't new drivers get taught anything these days?

I'm glad someone else is on my wavelength. This has been annoying me for years all this pish about snow, it's not the fucking Alamo.

It's almost as if folk want to be inconvenienced.

Normally I'd agree, but it's not like that just now. About an hour or so ago it was the real stuff.

Up Midstocket Road and Kings Gate this morning before the gritters got down, it was easily 4-6 inches. I had to help 4 cars and a van get moving again up Kings Gate at about 7 this morning because they were just not moving. One was a taxi going to Northfield, and the passengers were out pushing their own transport :lol:

Were you up last Christmas? It was pretty heavy then. I remember about an hour of solid shovelling on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day just so we could get our cars out to get to Church.

Today it isn't, proper medium sized flakes, YAS as I type on the second gritter of the day has came by.

Just stopped about 10 minutes ago. I get the feeling it's going to be a case of occasional top ups during the day and heavy ones at night. I cleared the snow off the cars this morning and they're now covered again having been left about an hour stationary.

Just started snowing heavily now in Skelmorlie. I'm heading out. :)

Fucking chaos if you're travelling today, absolute chaos. I'm flying to Bristol on Sunday so I hope the weather picks up by then, most of the flights between Glasgow and Bristol the past few days have been cancelled. :(