Snow!

xbl

Jesus.

Those are the worst conditions I've driven in all winter. Its thawing, but with a covering of snow/slush, and then a hard, hard layer of black ice underneath. I've had no problems driving in snow, but these are a nightmare. Just about soiled myself when the car decided to carry on at a busy roundabout despite my efforts to brake. Its not helped by the fact that people are clearly going "oh, must be a thaw" and driving far faster than they did when it was clearly snowy and icy. Good grief.

Jesus.

Those are the worst conditions I've driven in all winter. Its thawing, but with a covering of snow/slush, and then a hard, hard layer of black ice underneath. I've had no problems driving in snow, but these are a nightmare. Just about soiled myself when the car decided to carry on at a busy roundabout despite my efforts to brake. Its not helped by the fact that people are clearly going "oh, must be a thaw" and driving far faster than they did when it was clearly snowy and icy. Good grief.

It's tricky, but nothing that can't be dealt with by using the usual rules driving in snow / ice - ie do any manoeuvre as gently as possible and stay well behind the car in front. Also, you need some momentum for getting up a hill, and a high gear. I got stuck behind a guy trying to get into my street in what must have been 1st gear at about 10mph. He eventually gave up, but I managed it no problem at 15mph in 3rd gear.

Guest The Phoenix

Could the snow not just f**k off so that I don't risk killing myself, or worse, cause damage to my car that I can ill afford to have repaired?

Solution - if you damage your car, kill yourself.

Fifers! :rolleyes:

Jesus.

As you obviously did, nugget!

Frozen pipes ..i think they are trying to defrost .. i have tried the usual trick of hose to different pipes etc . The whole place sounds like and episode of the Amityville Horror. Lots of slurping and sucking. And not a lot to show for all the noise....well .