predictable.

this stops attack opportunities for grey

Happy? You got your pointless resignation now. What was the point of people demanding an apology if these same people were going to demand a resignation anyway?

Happy? You got your pointless resignation now. What was the point of people demanding an apology if these same people were going to demand a resignation anyway?

there's nothing to be happy about. it was just needed to maintain public confidence. the man signed his own death warrant with his 'first-class' comment. instead he should have put in a big jacket and been seen to be out there -he projected a lack of dynamism, in the end it was difficult to see he cared.

Right, so if, rather than doing his job, he'd put on a big jacket and wandered about, then you would have changed your mind about your insistence that "someone had to go"? That is absurd.

What do all these useless c***s do after they resign anyway? I've never seen any of them in McDonalds. He'll be in the House of Lords before the the next World Cup.

Right, so if, rather than doing his job, he'd put on a big jacket and wandered about, then you would have changed your mind about your insistence that "someone had to go"? That is absurd.

if he'd been seen to be more proactive rather than sitting in nice warm tv studios going on about 'first-class' then yes, I suspect he could have stayed. It's not pleasant, but someone did have to go. Had he been more proactive I suspect the head of BEAR could have went instead.

What do all these useless c***s do after they resign anyway? I've never seen any of them in McDonalds. He'll be in the House of Lords before the the next World Cup.

He'll still be a backbench MSP.

An old chap from the council yard next door to my work bought his jcb in to help clear our yard a bit, 2 suited p***ks in a wee car pulled up, told the guy to stop and sacked him on the spot, the poor lad had over 40 years of service. Obviously they saw an excuse to get rid of him, rotten p***ks sacking the poor guy at this time of year.

Unlike failed Labour/ Tory/ Lib Dums ..the SNP (SO FAR ) have refused seats in the unelected House of Lords...

An old chap from the council yard next door to my work bought his jcb in to help clear our yard a bit, 2 suited p***ks in a wee car pulled up, told the guy to stop and sacked him on the spot, the poor lad had over 40 years of service. Obviously they saw an excuse to get rid of him, rotten p***ks sacking the poor guy at this time of year.

Tell this to the papers.

Give the man a medal.

That's fucking disgusting! mad.gif

Tell this to the papers.

100% agree, get this to the tabloids!

By the way, the story in the paper yesterday about Stewart Stevenson having his street cleared of snow is bollox. My mate stays beside him and it simply did not happen as reported. Think it was Thursday of last week it got cleared which was the same day as many other streets in Linlithgow.

By the way, the story in the paper yesterday about Stewart Stevenson having his street cleared of snow is bollox. My mate stays beside him and it simply did not happen as reported. Think it was Thursday of last week it got cleared which was the same day as many other streets in Linlithgow.

Don't let facts get in the way of hysteria!

clearly the government read this board!

not 4 days from a resignation and me pointing out more proactivity and being seen out and about in big luminous jackets would help the situation than we have this and on reporting scotland the minister in a luminous jacket and hard hat filmed in discussion with gritting personnel.

me for FM.

BULLSHITE!

They don't suffer too badly.

Many progress to carving out new careers as Big Issue sellers.

http://newsnetscotland.com/politics/1232-six-point-plan-to-keep-scotland-moving-as-wrong-forecast-claim-backed-by-police-chief

Meanwhile

Yesterday John Swinney appeared before the Transport Committee to answer questions on the government's response to the severe weather that brought chaos to Scotland's central belt road network last Monday. Mr Swinney, who was flanked by Jim Barton Chief Road Engineer and Chief Constable Kevin Smith head of Chief Police Officers in Scotland, reiterated the Scottish government's acknowledgment that communication had been less than satisfactory and that lessons had indeed been learned.

However Mr Swinney again pointed out that the weather forecasts had not been accurate as far as the accumulation of snow that fell was concerned, and he was backed by both Mr Barton and the Chief Constable who made similar observations.

In response to Labour MSP Charlie Gordon's claim that the snow was indeed forecast and that perhaps the motorway should have been cleared Mr Barton said: "For the amount of snow that was forecast we wouldn't expect to have to clear the motorway to plough."

"As late as eight o'clock on Monday morning the Met office was still forcasting a fairly short bout of snow, I can quote exactly what they said to us at 08:01 on Mondau morning.

"Generally amounts of fresh snow will be in the region of 2-5cm, although in higher areas they may be 10cm. Behind the band of snow it will be generally dry and clear."

After a rebuke over his conduct from Committee chair Patrick Harvey an animated Charlie Gordon then turned his attention to the Chief Constable who replied:

"The snowfall was not as was eventually transpired and to close that motorway network would have been impossible."

Mr Barton and Chief Constable Smith now join Cosla Head Pat Watters and the Met office in a growing list of authoritative figures who acknowledge that the severity of the snowfall was not forecast. These public pronouncements will call into question the claims by BBC Scotland that their forecasts were indeed accurate.

So the Chief Road Engineer and the head of Chief Police Officers say that given the forecasts, they wouldnt have done any of the drastic measures suggested, and that the forecasts were not right, would any p&b'ers like to take back their hysterical pronouncements and calls for resignations? Because it seems, as I said, that the government and the authorities did everything that could have been expected of them.

http://newsnetscotland.com/politics/1232-six-point-plan-to-keep-scotland-moving-as-wrong-forecast-claim-backed-by-police-chief

So the Chief Road Engineer and the head of Chief Police Officers say that given the forecasts, they wouldnt have done any of the drastic measures suggested, and that the forecasts were not right, would any p&b'ers like to take back their hysterical pronouncements and calls for resignations? Because it seems, as I said, that the government and the authorities did everything that could have been expected of them.

Yes,yes.just tell us if they were wearing hi-viz jackets

http://newsnetscotla. ..by-police-chief

No they didn't. This isn't just about how much snow was forecast or whether the roads were gritted and ploughed for rush hour. As I've said all along it is about how they reacted once the serious situation arose. How they dealt with the emergancy, their lack of communication, still allowing vehicles to enter the network at midday, telling the public this was first class, no collaberation between agencies....... Can you honestly say that you believe that the emergancy response was effective and efficient?

If they did everything so well why are the SNP shitting it incase we get more snow tomorrow? Why don't they just come out and say we'll do the same again?