Snow!

xbl

Guest The Phoenix
The A9 is getting a battering tonight. Still open though, but looking at the webcam for the Drumochter Summit I would imagine it will be closed shortly until the morning.

The A835 Dingwall to Ullapool road looks pretty bad too.

Link to Traffic Cameras

Nice link TJ.

There's some messy scenes out there right now!

After a few hours of heavy snowfall in Cumbernauld today, the roads were complete chaos. For those who know the area, the stretch of road just before the Old Inns roundabout coming from the town centre to Abronhill was a complete no go area. It took me an hour to get home from Tesco tonight when it usually takes no more than 10 minutes

It was like Armageddon, seriously. There were about 100 spangles who had stalled/broken down meaning that there were cars strewn all over the road, causing huge tailbacks. Some people who noticed that there were queues ahead tried to turn around, drive over the grassy bank and join oncoming traffic. Needless to say, these sporks ended up getting stuck in the snow, which meant that some cars were facing the wrong direction on the road! People were walking around like zombies, running around aimlessly and trying in vain to start each others cars up again

Morons!

Was in Kirkintilloch tonight where the weather was fuckin mental!! It took me an hour and 20 minutes to complete a normal 25 minute journey back ot Hillington :lol: . Auchinloch Road was some laugh, Buses and Cars stuck with cars parked up as their owners decided to ditch the cars and just walk the rest of the way home :lol:

Though here in Hillington the snow hasn't hit here! Despite the Port Dundas Area 5 miles away is completely covered and a few inch deep. Wierd!

Hillington and Paisley area are like death zones for snow- it just never snows around here, and when it does you know it will be bad- it is pissing it down at the moment with rain. Indeed I work in East Kilbride and I drove back down with 1/2inch on the roof of my car Thursday and sitting outside the Shell on Paisley Road West folk were looking at me like "where the f**k did you come from?!" :lol: EK will be bad in the morning no doubt, I'll get to Newton Mearns or Busby depending how you go and it will be like a different climate.

I doubt NLC don't send out gritters simply to save on overtime from Winter Maintenance budgets. That would very much surprise me- might try and find out. Grit can be absolutely crap in snow however applied at the wrong time. Too early and your fecked, don't increase the amount enough from ice and your fecked too.

Edited by flyingscot

Has been snowing here for the last hour but just stopped.

Main road is clear but the street I'm in is a nightmare, fortunately I don't have to go anywhere today :P

Typical council, do f**k all to ensure people can get home to their families (is- last night) but made sure the streets were plouged (plowed?) and gritted so people could get to work first thing in the morning. :angry:

Utter bell-ends.

What really annoys me is that the people who stay closest to work will arrive late because of the snow. Leave the house earlier you fuckwits, you know it's been snowing. I left a good ten minutes early just in case.

As it happens, the snow in Falkirk is no-one near as bad as it is in Kilsyth and the roads are fine once you get away from the side streets.

Now I am in the office first. Ho hum.

What really annoys me is that the people who stay closest to work will arrive late because of the snow. Leave the house earlier you fuckwits, you know it's been snowing. I left a good ten minutes early just in case.

As it happens, the snow in Falkirk is no-one near as bad as it is in Kilsyth and the roads are fine once you get away from the side streets.

Now I am in the office first. Ho hum.

You should try staying up the Braes... it can be raining in Falkirk and 2 ft of snow up here ;)

The A9 is getting a battering tonight. Still open though, but looking at the webcam for the Drumochter Summit I would imagine it will be closed shortly until the morning.

The A835 Dingwall to Ullapool road looks pretty bad too.

Link to Traffic Cameras

Brilliant link TJE (you have some uses!) as I can see what the A96 is expected to be like when I head home today. Cheers.