Snow!

xbl

I went to the shop earlier to buy bread for my sandwiches and mile for tea (It wasn't just a MUST PANIC BUY BASIC ITEMS!!!! as some seem to do) and they had sold out of both.

My local shop is out of cigarettes. That's panic buying Fifer style.

Having stayed in a hotel last night rather than negotiate my way home, I left the office in Edinburgh at 3.30pm to try to get home today because I couldn't be arsed buying another shirt and I need casual clothes for tomorrow because we're pitching in to help one of the warehouses catch up. Plus the good lady was all scared of being alone for another night :P

Went via the A71 and got home at 6.15pm. Not too bad considering, but the roads were absolutely treacherous and I've never driven in, or even seen anything like it. It was like a ghost town.

The amount of total and utter arseholes though, that fly past you in the outside lane, overtake ploughs :huh: on single lane roads and generally don't know how to drive in weather like this is unbelievable. The A8/M74 was horrendous, like ice road truckers, yet still they were overtaking and cutting in and out of lanes. Tossers!

Snow - GTF! And don't come back! People who give it, "oh yay, it's snowing" - shut the f**k up! :P

I need to get to Coatbridge tomorrow to get the damage to my car estimated,Can anyone let me know what it is like through there?

Fucking bedlam, if Airdrie is anything to go by. Although I believe NLC are removing the snow from Coatbridge in lorries to dump in Airdrie.

I need to get to Coatbridge tomorrow to get the damage to my car estimated,Can anyone let me know what it is like through there?

I walked up to the 'Brig and back this morning (my kids were stranded at their Uncles' overnight) and it was pretty bad. Loads of abandoned cars on the main roads into the town and very little traffic moving. I would assume that the roads into the town from the North, i.e. through Glenmavis or down through Airdrie, will be pretty challenging. I'd particularly implore you to avoid Glenmavis; one of my colleagues is snowed in there.

Having stayed in a hotel last night rather than negotiate my way home, I left the office in Edinburgh at 3.30pm to try to get home today because I couldn't be arsed buying another shirt and I need casual clothes for tomorrow because we're pitching in to help one of the warehouses catch up. Plus the good lady was all scared of being alone for another night :P

Went via the A71 and got home at 6.15pm. Not too bad considering, but the roads were absolutely treacherous and I've never driven in, or even seen anything like it. It was like a ghost town.

The amount of total and utter arseholes though, that fly past you in the outside lane, overtake ploughs :huh: on single lane roads and generally don't know how to drive in weather like this is unbelievable. The A8/M74 was horrendous, like ice road truckers, yet still they were overtaking and cutting in and out of lanes. Tossers!

Snow - GTF! And don't come back! People who give it, "oh yay, it's snowing" - shut the f**k up! :P

Returns scanning at Newbridge? Call centre was manic today, 9.5k calls in 6 hours usually we take between 3-4k in 11 hours.

Feck knows but it was after my gf left for work aswell(0645),but the bbc weather did say it was going to be a light dusting and then it chucked it down,certainly the worst i can remember up north or down here

No no no, no, NO!

The weather reports we heard never happened. The SNP should have known because the forecast was for heavy snow at exactly that time. Nothing else was broadcast. Apart from all the people who saw the same forecast of light snow that we saw. Which apparently never happened. I do have to ask actually, if so many people knew in advance that the snow was going to be so bad, what were they doing on the roads?