Snow!

xbl

We didn't send any vans to the Stirling and Falkirk area today as the roads are too bad. Our neighbour works in Stirling, does a 6am to 2pm shift and is usually home by 3.30pm....he got home at 1.30am.

Just arrived home having left home at 7am yesterday morning for a meeting in Windermere, hoping to travel back last night.

The reports on Radio Scotland convinced me to put on my sensible head and stay overnight somewhere on the route back,so managed to stay in a Hotel just outside Lockerbie.

I left at 6.30am this morning thinking things would more or less be back to normal, but how wrong was I.

The M74 was more or less Ok until about 3 miles south of Hamilton services,then total chaos.

The road was simply a sheet of thick ice and absolutely treacherous.

I never saw one gritter,snowplough or police vehicle between Lockerbie and Larbert as motorists were basically jusy left to get on with it.

Without doubt the wosrt conditions I've ever driven in but serious questions need to be asked as to why the f**k nothing had been done to these roads overnight.

Also reinforced my opinion that the majority of 4x4 drivers aren't just c***s,they're inconsiderate,selfish,dangerous c***s!

The average driving speed on some areas was around 5mph,yet you would get these fannies bombing up the outside lane doing around 50mph.

Don't these fuckers realise that although their vehicles may be better at going through these kind of conditions,they're no better than most other cars at stopping?

Edit to add: The usually vocal, fat, smug face c**t Salmon is being very quite on all of this.

Edited by Unleash The Nade

I never saw one gritter,snowplough or police vehicle between Lockerbie and Larbert as motorists were basically jusy left to get on with it.

Without doubt the wosrt conditions I've ever driven in but serious questions need to be asked as to why the f**k nothing had been done to these roads overnight.

Also reinforced my opinion that the majority of 4x4 drivers aren't just c***s,they're inconsiderate,selfish,dangerous c***s!

The average driving speed on some areas was around 5mph,yet you would get these fannies bombing up the outside lane doing around 50mph.

Don't these fuckers realise that although their vehicles may be better at going through these kind of conditions,they're no better than most other cars at stopping?

Too cold for salt to melt any ice so waste of time putting it down.

Oh and your right 4x4s are no better at stopping nor does 4x4 really help you much on ice. Ice is a bloody nightmare no matter what!

It is now, but it wasn't when the snow started falling on Monday morning (and wasn't until some time after it stopped). The gritters should have been running constantly whilst the snow was falling to prevent a base layer forming and freezing as it did

It is now, but it wasn't when the snow started falling on Monday morning (and wasn't until some time after it stopped). The gritters should have been running constantly whilst the snow was falling to prevent a base layer forming and freezing as it did

They couldnae get through because of the amount of idiots that abandoned there cars and had ignored the police warnings not to travel unless it was absolutely vital

Spoke to a mate from work and only 1 driver left the UPS depot today only to crash a short while later,The boss and 7 drivers are staying at the travel lodge at auchenkilns paid for by the boss.

We didn't send any drivers to Cumbernauld, Falkirk and Stirling today. The majority of people were pretty understanding. Still got some idiots screaming and shouting.

They couldnae get through because of the amount of idiots that abandoned there cars and had ignored the police warnings not to travel unless it was absolutely vital

Read the post. Yesterday morning, when the snow started at 7am, there were no abandoned cars. That's when they should have been out. This morning is way too late.

Incidentally, when did these warnings start? Because, despite being on the TrafficScotland website until I left work at 4 and having the radio on constantly, I didn't hear any such warnings until it was way too late.

Incidentally, when did these warnings start? Because, despite being on the TrafficScotland website until I left work at 4 and having the radio on constantly, I didn't hear any such warnings until it was way too late.

Feck knows but it was after my gf left for work aswell(0645),but the bbc weather did say it was going to be a light dusting and then it chucked it down,certainly the worst i can remember up north or down here

How were the trains today?

I sat on the 7.22 Stirling to GQS (on route to Dumbarton) service for an hour this morning before they announced all services were cancelled. The train was waiting for any passengers on the Perth - Edinburgh service which was then allowed to leave first and promptly broke down.

Got off, got a refund and walked back home!

The pavements in Stirling (where I live anyway) are a bloody nightmare. The biggest problem is the people shoving all the snow off their car onto the pavements. Every 20 yards are so theres a huge icy mound lying in the middle of the path. Sadly there's not really anywher else they could put it I suppose :( Feel a great deal of sympathy for all the elderly folk living in this area, must be a nightmare for them!

Had to go and stay with the folks in Paisley last night, absolutely no buses or trains were going near Clydebank at all. Thankfully managed to make into work this morning and buses seem to be running alright just now, but will see how overnight conditions are.

Pity the poor folk who live out in the sticks, such as Lanark, Carstairs etc. Few folk from my work are from out there and had to be put up in the Jurys Inn, such was the bad conditions on the roads out that way.