Snow!

xbl

Remember guys the local councils and the Scottish Government have 'learned their lesson from earlier in the year" that means that no salt will be put out so they can say they have plenty in stock.

No grit, plough or shovel has touched my housing estate in over a week.

Cheers for the help.

By the wonders of your posts you are revealed as a Unionist troll.

Strange how you left your cringeworthy mega fail yesterday only to post such a pathetic and illilformed post again today.

Poor you.laugh.gif

Remember guys the local councils and the Scottish Government have 'learned their lesson from earlier in the year" that means that no salt will be put out so they can say they have plenty in stock.

Cheers for the help.

Maybe your housing estate reeks of hate?

I voted SNP in the last election actually.

If a fail means that I have a difference of opinion than someone on an internet forum then I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

You seem to know more about me than I do.

Cheers for the help.

Bin not been empried for 2 weeks.Council binmen not willing to walk 5 minutes to take them to the lorry while folk are out working.Good old South Lanarkshire Council.

Not as bad as some.No trains from Central after 11:30 am.Got one at 5pm to M/well and walked home to Hamilton going quicker than the traffic.Bumped into a few folk from Stonehouse/Glasgow/Strathaven who have booked into that hotel near Hamilton Palace.

Walked the final mile and a bit and all the pubs were busy with folk who have abandoned their cars.Like a surreal Saturday night.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

:whistle

To be fair though I did make it in today and all of last week which is more than the guys with a Subaru Forester and Nissan Juke did. No show from the Audi drivers too.

4 and a half hours to get from Gourock back to Paisley. Meant to be working in Dunoon again tomorrow, I'll be phoning one of the locals at 7:30am but I suspect the roads will be just as bad as they were today.

Call me a hopeless optimist, but I don't reckon the roads will be nearly as bad tomorrow.

What happened today was the worst case scenario for the gritters, with tons of snow being dumped on roads at the height of rush hour traffic meaning that the gritters couldn't get about their job because of the volume of traffic. Add to that the fact that the precipitation was way in excess of what had been forecast and there you have it!

Assuming the forecasters are right and the snow has all but gone South then the main roads/motorways at least should be reasonably clear by tomorrow morning.

Edited by LiviClyde

To be fair though I did make it in today and all of last week which is more than the guys with a Subaru Forester and Nissan Juke did. No show from the Audi drivers too.

That surprises me.

Must be a shit driver, or maybe he couldn't get out of his street because it was being blocked by an Alfa! :rolleyes::lol:

My boss has an Audi with intelligent 4 wheel drive,( like my Sportage :rolleyes:) and he's managed through the worst that been flung at us the past week or so, in spite of being a self confessed not very good driver.

Made it up to Aberdeen from Glasgow. Took 3 and a half hours so about 55mins more than usual which was not too bad as the train down took over 5 hours I heard.

All this effort and I wouldn't be surprised if I don't fly offshore tomorrow although the weather in Aberdeen is not as bad as in the central belt.

Luckilly Stirling Council are very good, Textbook gritting, 8 on 10

I'm guessing Riverside has slipped the Council's mind for the last 2 weeks. The streets here are a bloody nightmare. However watching the cars from the flat window is highly amusing at time. Nothing has topped last year's 'Mail van skidding into the bins' episode as of yet

sitting on the M73, near Gartcosh. gone 14 miles in 7 hours, got another 26 miles to go. I don't normally jump on these bandwagons, but the councils and the govt have seriously fucked up here. I've been on the road for about 10 hours today and I've not seen a single plough or gritter yet.

Edited by Disco Duck