Snow!

xbl

Can you pick up mine and giver her a bed for the night,i think she is going to be stuck for the evening

Party at mine if you can make it :lol:

Braw, I think I can find a bottle of whisky somewhere in the house :lol:

Partys cancelled she made it home :):(:lol:

Gridlocked in Edinburgh - hours to get to train station. Trains overcrowded.

A guy left Edinburgh at 10am this morning from work and is still stuck at Harthill.

Car park now frozen and almost impossible to get out of.

Hotel tonight for me. :angry:

Partys cancelled she made it home smile.gifsad.giflaugh.gif

Booo!!! Mine's is getting the airport bus into town, I have to pick her up from the top of Leith Walk when she phones.

Bit of a bugger as I'm a few episodes into the Universe which she hates.

Our flat is up on a hill set back from the road and you've got to drive down a moderately steep hill to get to the road. A car has just 'crawled' down the hill and tried to stop at the bottom to wait to see if it was clear to turn out but skidded right out across the road and onto the pavement at the other side.

What is a main road has turned into a skating rink. Had there been a car coming the other way there could have been a fairly major accident.

Edited by Fudge

My Auntie phoned earlier from her mobile saying she'd been stuck on the motorway at ASDA Robroyston at the same spot for an hour and a half. That was at half 2 so going by what I'm reading here it wouldn't surprise me if she's still there! Mum also phoned saying it's highly likely she'll need to just stay in her work overnight.

Thank fucking Jesus Christ I refused to make the effort to go to college today. Some people from the college had to walk to Croy from the Campus. Yes Cumbernauldians, walk. Yous will have a rough idea at how long that'll take in a snow blizzard. :lol: God knows whether they actually got a train or not!

Got an extra 7 inches here in Stirling. I managed to get out of my street and on to the M9 (heading to Edinburgh), but virtually at a standstill for almost 2 hours and when I finally got to junction 9 I gave up and went back home. The positive I take from today is a big improvement in my snow-driving skills - I fucking nailed those snowy roads.

The negative is having to put up with the retards that walk on the road to avoid the worst of the snow, but don't bother to move over when a car comes along. Still, I take some consolation that some of them will be mown down when they cause a driver taking evasive action to skid.

Thank fucking Jesus Christ I refused to make the effort to go to college today. Some people from the college had to walk to Croy from the Campus. Yes Cumbernauldians, walk. Yous will have a rough idea at how long that'll take in a snow blizzard. :lol: God knows whether they actually got a train or not!

It's bad enough having to go to Croy in the first place, let alone walking through a snow-storm.

I salute them.

Everything seems to be cancelled at Strathclyde just now. I'm finished uni for the semester now because of the weather :D I went out for some shopping today and I just skated downhill most of the way. Glasgow High Street looked like it was gridlocked from about 11am until 5pm.

Yay, home. Left EK at just after 12 home in Paisley just before 6. Traffic for me, in the main was not too bad, but got stuck in Castlemilk as police closed the road and a First Bus couldnt get up a hill on a diversion. 3 odd hours digging out a bus. Once past that it was fine slow but moving, M8 moving 3 lanes at 40mph, but took me 30mins to get off at Hillington.