Snow!

xbl

the missus is stuck at work at the Gyle. I've told her to call me if she is stuck, but I'm buggered if I'm driving any of her workmates about.

Can you pick up mine and giver her a bed for the night,i think she is going to be stuck for the evening

Party at mine if you can make it :lol:

Oooh - it almost stopped there but now its back to the heavy stuff.

Anyone in the Edinburgh regions phone not working?

I assume the networks being jammed with everyone phoning taxis to get hame.

I had a bit of intereference and it was a bit ropey on the house phone.

My house and mobile phone have gave up. The girlfriends phone isny working either.

Gussets man.

Its just the fact that everything has stopped, which is fair enough given the circumstances, but hopefully it all gets fixed eventually, its the worst I have ever seen in Edinburgh, albeit i am only 18.

Its just the fact that everything has stopped, which is fair enough given the circumstances, but hopefully it all gets fixed eventually, its the worst I have ever seen in Edinburgh, albeit i am only 18.

Heriot Watt is still open, Lothian buses decided to go off around 11.55 am, leaving a lot of people stranded, I managed to get a lift to sighthill and then hoofed it on foot to fountainbridge, the roads are pretty awful, seen a bit of red jumping. I wonder if Lothian buses had any communication with HW prior to shutting the services, as HW have sent no communications regarding what alternative arrangments may have to be put on in place, it's odd considering it's probably more disruptive now than what shut the campus for three days last week.....

Edited by renton

Heriot Watt is still open, Lothian buses decided to go off around 11.55 am, leaving a lot of people stranded, I managed to get a lift to sighthill and then hoofed it on foot to fountainbridge, the roads are pretty awful, seen a bit of red jumping. I wonder if Lothian buses had any communication with HW prior to shutting the services, as HW have sent no communications regarding what alternative arrangments may have to be put on in place, it's odd considering it's probably more disruptive now than what shut the campus for three days last week.....

I'm meant to have an exam at Riccarton at 4. I don't see it happening.

The silence from Uni is absolutely deafening though. Theres no way to get in, unless you're driving, in which case the motors stuck, and probably will get stuck on Calder Road too.

All in all, farce of a situation really.

Walking from Sighthill to Fountainbridge in this? You deserve a medal pal.

Edited by DeadStar

Got bored and this is with it being cleared of all snow yesterday, God this is grating on me. :( . The back garden hasnt been touched however and I went out briefly to the garage and the snow is coming up to the middle of my shins, so I reckon its almost a foot and a half deep, I'm just glad we got insulation in the roof about 2 months ago. really feeling the difference.

post-18310-12916436657001_thumb.jpg

post-18310-12916437068694_thumb.jpg

The silence from Uni is absolutely deafening though. Theres no way to get in, unless you're driving, in which case the motors stuck, and probably will get stuck on Calder Road too.

Just got an email from Uni. Campus is closed for the rest of the day.

Absolute shiter for whoevers stuck there though however.

Yeah that is some trek he is making, the thing about HW is it is in teh middle of nowwhere really and I reckon you will find most of the people there either live in halls or have a flat in teh middle of town, making it easier to get to, than those further afield.

Oh and another photo of the back garden.

post-18310-12916440362972_thumb.jpg

Just got an email from Uni. Campus is closed for the rest of the day.

Absolute shiter for whoevers stuck there though however.

Just read that, two fucking hours after public transport stops running, the same public transport that carries the majority of students and staff in and out of the place. As you say, a bloody farce.