Snow!

xbl

Alloa to Larbert pretty tricky this morning. Still pishing it down. Looks like I'll need the shovel out to get home. Fun and games again.

Just heard the A80 northbound is shut.

Tried to get onto the A80 about 8.20 this morning, gave up and headed back to Glenmavis by which point a 2-3 mile queue of cars attempting what I had just given up on doing.

Has taken almost an hour and a half to get from Glenmavis to Cotbridge (backroad is a deathtrap, already cars had skidded off it, and Coatbridge at virtual standstill) so Im not long in after setting off for work at 7.15 this morning and not even making the motorway.

Gonna be a bad one today. If you havent left the house yet then don't.

On the bin subject, ours has not been done for a month :( . Fed up going to the tip

Dundee City Council said that all collections would take place as normal from today.

Our brown bins (garden waste) went out today. I managed to get it to the gate last night and we were the only house with a bin out. Cut to this morning and we're still the only house with one out :lol:

Whether that's down to no-one else having garden rubbish due to the time of year (we had building work done, which involved digging out some plants), no-one else being bothered to dig a bin out of the snow, or everyone knowing there's not a hope in hell's chance of a bin lorry risking these roads, I've no idea.

I have had to abandon my car in bonnybridge and walk home as the toll is gridlocked with stuck cars and vans,Central demolition have got a jcb down to it and are trying to clear it with no snow ploughs anywhere to be seen. <_<

However on the bonus side my wife got to work and is staying at her mums tonight :D

1) You've had it since you were born

2) That was a story you were told when you asked what it was

:lol: :lol:

That was quite good!

But seriously, it has only been topping up for the last half week, and hasn't snowed at all in the last couple days, and then whoomph, another half a foot!

I have had to abandon my car in bonnybridge and walk home as the toll is gridlocked with stuck cars and vans,Central demolition have got a jcb down to it and are trying to clear it with no snow ploughs anywhere to be seen. <_<

They're using a JCB to clear the cars and vans? :unsure:

:ph34r:

However on the bonus side my wife got to work and is staying at her mums tonight :D

Thats what she is telling you :lol:

well ffs, just when everything was starting to clear a bit, the snow belts down today and wrecks everything again. Going ot be murder getting home if this keeps up.

BBC Weather - Light Snow

My arse BBC. dry.gif

Chucking it down in musselburgh, just when we thought the thaw was starting. a jcb was clearing the roads the other day, it left possibly the biggest pile of snow ive ever seen, il get a pic when im well enough to venture out (in bed with the flu)

Plans = fucked.

I hate revising at home, but the alternative is a mamoth trek across Paisley, which should be avoided in the best weather.

I nearly decked it a few times yesterday but maintained my balance, not seen anyone fall yet.

Had to call off a meeting with my lecturer, funny if he turned up and nobody else did.