Snow!

xbl

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

East Renfrewshire Council absolutely on the ball with the snow and low temperatures that were forecast for last night.  Roads and pavements in the Mearns are like an ice rink.  

I did see a couple of gritters out, but neither of them were actually gritting.

With this cold snap forecast last week, I think your area might be short of grit.

I’m hearing Glasgow City Council bought up all the surplus grit stocks across the central belt due to a foot depth of standing tears just off London Road in the East end posing a severe slip and fall risk. Fair play to GCC as there’s already been a few slips in that area in recent months.

Edited by 8MileBU

@Melanius Mullarkey SNOW ON THE SPERRINS, image.jpeg.0115bc6da848383b7785ae1f39ed0995.jpeg SNOW ON THE SPERRINS. Could be in for a hard winter. Drove up the Glenshane to The Ponderosa, seemed to be mainly frost there as opposed to snow, 1.5 C difference in temperature from the bottom of the hill.

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

@Melanius Mullarkey SNOW ON THE SPERRINS, image.jpeg.0115bc6da848383b7785ae1f39ed0995.jpeg SNOW ON THE SPERRINS. Could be in for a hard winter. Drove up the Glenshane to The Ponderosa, seemed to be mainly frost there as opposed to snow, 1.5 C difference in temperature from the bottom of the hill.

Cat Shake GIFs | Tenor

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

East Renfrewshire Council absolutely on the ball with the snow and low temperatures that were forecast for last night.  Roads and pavements in the Mearns are like an ice rink.  

I did see a couple of gritters out, but neither of them were actually gritting.

christmas OT

Sleet in the centre of Inverness but up Milton of Leys there's a bit of snow.  For those that know the shop, the right hand turn into the car park can be fun this time of year, as it was earlier.