Snow!

xbl

This is spot.

I used to be a police (civilian) photographer years ago and the time we used to get called out to most serious RTA's was when there had been a thaw after a prolonged period of lying snow.

People tend to forget that its still extremelly cold,but since the visual indications that they had become used to were no longer there, started driving at normal speeds again,often resulting a very unfortunate ending.

On another note,hope you're pipes have thawed out and you got somewhere with the CAB about that w****r below your flat.

Yeah the pipes thawed out yesterday, cheers.

I was a bit shaken this morning as I seen the truck go into the roundabout. If I had been there thirty seconds earlier, I'd have been making that exact right turn when the truck wasn't able to stop...

It's a nightmare up in our scheme, its a catch 22 situation, you cant walk on the roads or the pavements, neither have been touched. At the height of the worst weather, east lothian council had 26 workers out for the whole area clearing and gritting roads and paths.

Could the idiots who went out driving in such conditions not have thought about taking these basic steps rather than rely on someone elso to do it for them? I certainly would have.

Many folk drove to work on Monday morning with no idea their journey home was going to become a nightmare. A girl in my work lives three miles from the office, and made it in while it was still raining without any problems, but was unable to get home due to the A725 being at a complete standstill for hours.

How was she supposed to know to bring supplies? Because there was a weather warning? The forecasters on our TV's are always telling us about something we need to be aware of, there was no way for ordinary folk to have known what would happen on Monday.

Happy? You got your pointless resignation now. What was the point of people demanding an apology if these same people were going to demand a resignation anyway?

there's nothing to be happy about. it was just needed to maintain public confidence. the man signed his own death warrant with his 'first-class' comment. instead he should have put in a big jacket and been seen to be out there -he projected a lack of dynamism, in the end it was difficult to see he cared.

Right, so if, rather than doing his job, he'd put on a big jacket and wandered about, then you would have changed your mind about your insistence that "someone had to go"? That is absurd.

if he'd been seen to be more proactive rather than sitting in nice warm tv studios going on about 'first-class' then yes, I suspect he could have stayed. It's not pleasant, but someone did have to go. Had he been more proactive I suspect the head of BEAR could have went instead.

An old chap from the council yard next door to my work bought his jcb in to help clear our yard a bit, 2 suited p***ks in a wee car pulled up, told the guy to stop and sacked him on the spot, the poor lad had over 40 years of service. Obviously they saw an excuse to get rid of him, rotten p***ks sacking the poor guy at this time of year.

What do all these useless c***s do after they resign anyway? I've never seen any of them in McDonalds. He'll be in the House of Lords before the the next World Cup.

Unlike failed Labour/ Tory/ Lib Dums ..the SNP (SO FAR ) have refused seats in the unelected House of Lords...

An old chap from the council yard next door to my work bought his jcb in to help clear our yard a bit, 2 suited p***ks in a wee car pulled up, told the guy to stop and sacked him on the spot, the poor lad had over 40 years of service. Obviously they saw an excuse to get rid of him, rotten p***ks sacking the poor guy at this time of year.

Tell this to the papers.

Give the man a medal.

That's fucking disgusting! mad.gif

Tell this to the papers.

100% agree, get this to the tabloids!

By the way, the story in the paper yesterday about Stewart Stevenson having his street cleared of snow is bollox. My mate stays beside him and it simply did not happen as reported. Think it was Thursday of last week it got cleared which was the same day as many other streets in Linlithgow.

By the way, the story in the paper yesterday about Stewart Stevenson having his street cleared of snow is bollox. My mate stays beside him and it simply did not happen as reported. Think it was Thursday of last week it got cleared which was the same day as many other streets in Linlithgow.

Don't let facts get in the way of hysteria!

clearly the government read this board!

not 4 days from a resignation and me pointing out more proactivity and being seen out and about in big luminous jackets would help the situation than we have this and on reporting scotland the minister in a luminous jacket and hard hat filmed in discussion with gritting personnel.

me for FM.

BULLSHITE!

What do all these useless c***s do after they resign anyway? I've never seen any of them in McDonalds. He'll be in the House of Lords before the the next World Cup.

They don't suffer too badly.

Many progress to carving out new careers as Big Issue sellers.