Snow!

xbl

BBC just said that every motorway in central scotland is fecked.

And we've stopped again.

14 hours, 20 miles. another 20 miles to go...

Radio talking to a couple who have been on the M73 for 17 hours - they got married yesterday morning in Gretna and were heading to Loch Ness.

can't do smilies on my phone, and even then I'm not sure if there's one that properly says "f**k you"

*sigh* I start work in 3 hours

You're not seriously thinking of going to work are you?

I feel for you mate, I got caught up in it yesterday in the city centre, your story makes me feel a bit shit at moaning about being stuck for three hours. Hope it isn't too long before you are moving.

Really feel for the folk stuck out there. Radio Scotland yesterday were talking on the phone to folk in cars - an old bloke with two elderly ladies in the car (M8, not even halfway to Edinburgh), a heavily pregnant woman stuck on the A737 and Billy Bragg heading to his own likely-to-be-cancelled gig. Not seeing this coming means that folk will be ill-prepared in their cars, unless they've had the forsight to pack extra clothes, food and blankets. And eventually there would be the issue of getting out for a slash (even more so for the pregnant woman).

Edited by AyrshireTon

Took me 7 hours to get from Wishaw to Motherwell before I eventually gave up and stayed at a mates house. If I had continued onto the M74/3, A80 and then Cumbernauld I reckon I'd still be out there somewhere! Currently I'm wondering whether to try and get back to Wishaw General for todays shift, or whether the traffic won't have improved much...

Started off from SQ to Glasgow at 7am this morning, got to outside our office at 3pm as my boss sent an E Mail advising he was pissing off and closing for the day!!

Only reason I was going in was for my year end appraisal.

Have booked into Travelhovel and company have agreed to pick up the bill. biggrin.gif

To the young couple in room 601 of the Travelodge, Glasgow Central - thanks very much for making me listen to your night of high passion last night, just what I needed after sitting in the car for 8 hours or so.

TBH, it did sound like you made a good job of it sir...wink.gif

Took me 7 hours to get from Wishaw to Motherwell before I eventually gave up and stayed at a mates house. If I had continued onto the M74/3, A80 and then Cumbernauld I reckon I'd still be out there somewhere! Currently I'm wondering whether to try and get back to Wishaw General for todays shift, or whether the traffic won't have improved much...

There's been v little traffic southbound, but the roads are hellish

BBC forecasting a max of 8 celcius in Glasgow on Saturday. Time to dig out the shorts and the barbie.

They told me yesterday would be "light snow" <_<

They told me yesterday would be "light snow" <_<

Who are you, Stewart Stevenson? :P

The BBC 24 hour forecast was showing "Heavy Snow" for 9am and noon on Sunday night.

Edit to clarify: on their website. Not sure what the TV bulletin said.

Edited by H Wragg

Seeing some mental stories on the girlfriends facebook about people who abandoned their cars and walked distances such as Wishaw to Larkhall and Hamilton to EK, crazy stuff!

There's worse than that. I did Hamilton to Baillieston on foot, but colleagues did Muirhead; Gorbals; Coatbridge and Hillhead.

Who are you, Stewart Stevenson? :P

The BBC 24 hour forecast was showing "Heavy Snow" for 9am and noon on Sunday night.

Edit to clarify: on their website. Not sure what the TV bulletin said.

The website was saying "light snow" for Monday. The same website is currently telling me that it's -8 here today - Bollocks it is!

post-10864-12917154500451_thumb.jpg