Snow!

xbl

:lol: sorry that is quite funny really, poor cat.

The news is the worst though, watching a weather lady talking about watching the 10cm of snow around London, as it could make travelling tricky. FFS we have 4 times that amount and they are just brushing over it, its a bit of a joke really.

What makes it worse is she is white with black spots on her fur. :lol:

Probably 3 inches (maybe 4 inches) in Glasgow. It has snowed a bit throughout the day, but nothing heavy, just the fluffy powdery stuff. I saw on the news that all state schools in Glasgow are shut because of this adverse weather. The Central Belt is full of wimps.

:ph34r:

Absolutely nonsense decision and I agree with you. Roads weren't like a normal day, busy but take your time, leave a bit earlier and they were fine. Sure buses and trains were delayed but it wasn't that bad- my commute took 15-20mins more. I drove from Renfrewshire through Glasgow and even stopped for lollipop folk in Glasgow when kids were walking to school!

We're supposed to believe they have 'staff' shortages in schools in Glasgow and they shut them all yet Renfrewshire, East Renfrewshire and West Dunbartonshire had all schools bar 1 or 2 open. Staff shortages- aye right, duvet day more like for the lazy f***ers. Shouldn't pay anyone who didn't turn up and watch as they magically appear.

Jeeze, turning into Lawstud there, but that was a stupid decision that annoys me as it affects parents who have to leave work to pick up their kids.

"Alloa Academy, Alva Academy and Lornshill Academy will be open to all pupils in S4/5/6 from 10 am to 3 pm. This will allow pupils to walk to school in daylight.

It will not be business as usual. Facilities for study support will be offered and where possible, course work will be posted on the school's own website.

There will be no school transport available and parents/carers should be aware that it is their responsibility to ensure that their children get to and from school safely."

Aye, f**k that.

exactly. its a piss takemad.gif

I did manage to sneak the day off biggrin.gif went into town before school for a Greegs (because its the stop after the one for my school and we still get back in time) got into town, turns out that was the last train running!

So we hung about town for a bit, before the trains were back on at 940 ish(after them alledgedly being off till midday laugh.gif) got the train home and went sledging biggrin.gif twas great.

exactly. its a piss takemad.gif

No, this is a piss take(which I posted a few pages backtongue.gif)

Half the teachers are off, as are half the pupils. Also were not aloud basically outside because the snow is falling from the roof, but were still at school?

I learnt nothing at school today, because there's no point teaching us if there's less than half a class there.

And to top it off, the S5/S6 parents evening has been called off tonight cause of 'adverse weather conditions'.

Fucking joke.

Well guys I made it back home safely, unfortunately I have to go back in tomorrow. As of such, the council have forgotten about us, no gritters, no ploughs nothing, the snow is basically untouched where I am, its rediculous, I left the house for 7 hours today and the footprints I made in the drive we gone when I got back.

unsure.gif

Well guys I made it back home safely, unfortunately I have to go back in tomorrow. As of such, the council have forgotten about us, no gritters, no ploughs nothing, the snow is basically untouched where I am, its rediculous, I left the house for 7 hours today and the footprints I made in the drive we gone when I got back.

i left the house for seven hours today,and when i got back my house had disappeared.unsure.gif

I've given up any hope of driving my car at all while it's like this. Thankfully I don't have anywhere I desperately need to be until a week on Saturday.

It's parked up the road from me as our drive is inaccessible. Went up to turn it over there and to clear some of the snow from it. With the snow I pushed down from the roof it now goes up about three feet of the doors.

It started first time and I let it run for ten minutes to heat it up, so that's fine.

Not used my car since Friday and I don't intend to use it for a while. Ive finished Uni and I can walk to work and the pub which are the only places I need to go. No idea when I will next get it out but to be honest I'm not that bothered. Will save me a fortune on fuel.

The snow keeps belting down in Haddington and just doesn't look like stopping. We seem to have got it the worst in East Lothian.

Ventured out to Tesco in Central Retail Park, Falkirk tonight. We are completely out of food. I had to have at tin of leek and potato soup for breakfast. Anyway there was no bread, not a crumb.ohmy.gif

I was in Asda Cumbernauld yesterday and the shelves were well stocked and not very busy,I have 2 loaves of bread in my freezer and will sell you one for £100 if you are thaat desperate :P

Edited by keithgy