Snow!

xbl

I even managed to get a properly filled in 'sorry we can't deliver' card from them as I was out when parcel arrived. Need to go to sorting office now.

Drove to East Kilbride this morning, traffic was slow in Pollok- outside lanes were snowy but M77 and major routes were O.K- doing about 50mph or so and journey only took 15mins longer. Lot of folk east of EK haven't made it but I've managed it all the time this week. Was snowing heavily for about an hour but stopped now.

East Kilbride has snow but the majority of the main roads seem fine. It's when you go into the streets that the problem begins. Parking at the end of the street seems to have solved this problem in my household. The 5 minute walk round to the house is worth it when you know you only have 100 metres of "bad" road before hitting a gritted one.

Work is a nightmare. Working out on Trolleys in the snow is a nightmare.

Just managed to make it home from the shops and no way will i manage to go and get my wife from her work so she is going to stay at her mums tonight.

Bonus!

being stuck in the house on my day off work i've been reading about the north atlantic drift and gulfstream and the potential changes in them. weeks like this in winter could become the norm rather than an exception, we might eventually end up with winters that reflect our latitude which is the same as moscow. how long do posters think would it take scotland to man up and deal with the weather the way canadians manage it?

from a personal point of view i considering doping my dogs up to get a bit of peace and quiet. they want to go to the park and run about, however i've been told that's a no plus the snow is about a foot deep and my dugs are quite wee. 10mls of metacalm each for them and a snout and a jd and coke for me :P

Probably 3 inches (maybe 4 inches) in Glasgow. It has snowed a bit throughout the day, but nothing heavy, just the fluffy powdery stuff. I saw on the news that all state schools in Glasgow are shut because of this adverse weather. The Central Belt is full of wimps.

:ph34r: