Snow!

xbl

Guest The Phoenix

Oh well, you learn something new every day.

Sorry, I came across a bit curt there.

Hard packed snow is the building material of choice - ice would be too inflexible.

I wouldn't count on Tesco delivering your shopping. sad.gif

It's nice to see Perth & Kinross council spent the extra money on grit and salt for the roads and paths. mad.gif

Saw an Asda home delivery van at the bottom of a hill next to us and thought - you've no chance! - boys got out, opened the sides, a staff member pulls up in his Scooby wagon, shopping in the back and off he went up the hill!! Someone had their brain switched on down there this morning! Hope the driver's popping into the petrol station at Asda every trip!

An 'iglu' is an inuit term for a home, which can be amde out of any material, but most people now take it to mean a dome shaped structure made out of compacted snow.

The technical term for the 'snow' used to build and iglu is firn, or neve, the state between virgin snow and glacial ice.

Made it into work this morning, safely. Had to walk from queen street up and over to princes street as 3 buses were stuck on the hill on south st david street. Waited at the gate from 7am, nobody turned up until just before 8, then we got sent home at 3.30, not much customers in, most of them buying rock salt. Spent most of the day playing pool in the canteen though!

No chance, i left this evening and we were stilling missing 4 wagons in total. 3 wagons were still in our car park which couldnt get out. So dot com would be a pointless job

Many drivers did today in our car park.

So many idiots came into tesco today.

Don't tell me they have started "panic buying" laugh.gif

It snowed for about half and hour at around 6:30pm. It's stopped now. I was hit with a snowball by a small child today, it was a cracking shot as well considering he didn't even reach the 3 foot mark an had a school bag on.