Snow!

xbl

Which train was that? My train has to come through Partick to get home! Was it only stops at Partick cancelled, do you know?

it was the dalmuir train from larkhall, although the announcer chap said it was larkhall to hamilton central, a read on the screen that their was signalling problems at partick.

Enjoy your inevitable cold! :lol:

In the middle of Perth, the Tay is freezing over: two large banks of ice are forming and gradually reaching towards one another. With the forecasters predicting it to be even colder this weekend and early next week, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see it frozen over by then. I shall take a picture in daylight tomorrow.

If anyone fancies seeing a lower league football match before the end of this month, tough titty, I think. Can really see almost all of January's card being wiped out in Divisions 2 & 3, beyond the odd game at Hampden.

I'm sure there were lumps of ice in the Tay when I was going over the Tay bridge on Tuesday. I was amazed that there was ice in it because I think it's salty up to about Perth.

Blizzard on it's way to Montrose tonight.

We never got any in Carnoustie but did Montrose? I'm going there, and everywhere else in Angus plus Inverbervie, tomorrow and I'd really rather not drive in the snow. 

For Fife saint and Classy JL:

Google brought up this

Linky

Fuckin' hell! I was amazed at a few lumps of ice but that's something else. 

it was the dalmuir train from larkhall, although the announcer chap said it was larkhall to hamilton central, a read on the screen that their was signalling problems at partick.

Baws, thats my train home :(

Yep, my train comes along that route as well, but the opposite direction. Thankfully, I left Springburn ok, but was stuck at Duke Street for 15 minutes for some reason that we were apparently not privvy to, and then when I got off at Bellgrove, it just seemed to sit there as well.

Train all running fine from Glasgow out to Dalmuir, fortunately. (Via Yoker) smile.gif

Watch out for the Yoker Langy and the Yoker Toi...ph34r.gif

Right, that's me off out to see if the Hawkhead - Central line is still running!unsure.gif

Edited by Kilt

I went into town this morning and the ice there was at least 3 to 4 inches thick on the pavements and roads,also very little gritting on the pavements and the roads in town. There was more grit on the bus than on the streets in Perth. :blink:

I'm sure there were lumps of ice in the Tay when I was going over the Tay bridge on Tuesday. I was amazed that there was ice in it because I think it's salty up to about Perth.

The salt content shouldn't affect the freezing too much, it's more the volume and flow. The Bering sea has ebbing and flowing ice tides dependant on wind direction and air pressure.

It really was an incredible sight at dawn on wednesday.