Snow!

xbl

Its playing silly buggers here! It snows for a few minutes, enough to just cover the ground, and then stops. It then freezes, waits for a couple hours, snows a bit more, and then freezes it again. The roads appear to basically just be white icy death.

My mates off to Prestwick to pick up a friend, poor bugger!

Its playing silly buggers here! It snows for a few minutes, enough to just cover the ground, and then stops. It then freezes, waits for a couple hours, snows a bit more, and then freezes it again. The roads appear to basically just be white icy death.

I need to nip through to Stirling first thing tomorrow as well... not looking forward to it.

Or are you back up in Arbroath?

It did the exact same thing here yesterday. Pavements were still ice rinks this morning. It's basically snowed all day up until about an hour ago. I took the baby out to the back door to see it earlier. He looked up at the sky and stuck his tongue out to catch the snow flakes. :D

I took the baby out to the back door to see it earlier. He looked up at the sky and stuck his tongue out to catch the snow flakes. :D

While that's cute, isn't Adam a bit old for that sort of thing.

Yes, yes, I know. :(

While that's cute, isn't Adam a bit old for that sort of thing.

Yes, yes, I know. :(

I was tempted to say "Charlie" in place of "the baby", but I thought "Nah, P&B are above that sort of thing. Especially that ICTChris. He's a sensible chap, him". :D

I was tempted to say "Charlie" in place of "the baby", but I thought "Nah, P&B are above that sort of thing. Especially that ICTChris. He's a sensible chap, him". :D

I was trying to match up the Yeti - abominable wages joke further up. However, it was like Dion Dublin v Jamie Theakston in a wang-size competition. :(

Back OT, it's snowing here, pavements are ice.

Haven't read all this thread, just skimmed through, so I may be repeating something that's already been said, but can we please do away with this myth that the soft Southern English Nancyboys can't handle the slightest bit of snow, whereas us big, hard Scots soldier on through blizzard conditions with the merest shrug of our shoulders.

Haven't read all this thread, just skimmed through, so I may be repeating something that's already been said, but can we please do away with this myth that the soft Southern English Nancyboys can't handle the slightest bit of snow, whereas us big, hard Scots soldier on through blizzard conditions with the merest shrug of our shoulders.

I did my best, but I think the words of a soft southern English Nancygirl fail to have much effect!

I'm one of the first to start moaning about the 'southern softies' when London gets a dump of snow but these past few days have been f*cking terrible.

Took nearly four hours to get from Airdrie to Blackwood near the M74 tonight. Traffic jams all the way and long waits for buses. Absolute nightmare, but there is always someone worse off than yourself though...

As I crossed M74 flyover, the queue of traffic heading southbound was incredible. They'd shut the road between junctions 11 and 12 and then again at 16 because the weather was so bad.

You see, it's not just moaning that "it's snowing". The roads are just not safe, simple as that. I saw only two gritters in my trip home tonight and as fast as they were salting the roads, the snow was landing on top of it again. The pavements are ice rinks.

Maybe I am a bit sensitive about all this given my car slid into a crash barrier* on Sunday night, left M74 but off-slip hadn't been treated and I went skating, but I agree with the view that only necessary journeys should be made.

*No injuries by the way, just a bit of damage to the bodywork. Insurance job = higher premium next year though. :(

I was in Byres Road when it really started snowing. A quick dive into Hillhead Underground and off again at Cessnock thinking I'd be able to nip home on any number of buses going along the Paisley Road West.

I was wrong! Traffic was at an almost standstill and three full buses went past before I managed to squeeze onto a 38 Dixon's bus. It took an hour and a quarter to get from Cessnock to Whitehaugh! Absolutely mental. What didn't help was that I had a big bag of cheeses from Melliss and several of them are rather "fragrant", and got more so during the journey. I had to explain to fellow passengers that it wasn't me that was smelling of old socks! :rolleyes:

Then the ghost of Lyn-Marie's snowball game struck as I told a small group of wee neds that they needn't even think of lobbing any snowballs at me unless "Yeez want a smack in the face, ya wee c***s!". :ph34r:

No wonder I fell asleep in my armchair after I got in.

I was in Glesga earlier tonight for band rehearsal. Buchanan Street was obscenely slippy at about half 6 & Dixon Street where I rehearse was just pure packed snow. Got the 9:41 train back up the road. Snow seemed to be on & off so wasn't risking getting stuck down there.

Good move. When I got back to Whitehaugh, one lassie was still waiting for a 36 to take her to Kilbarchan but didn't think she'd get that far as they "weren't going as far up the hill as her house". Also another lassie was trying to get home to Ayr. Central was at a standstill so she was going to Paisley to pick a train up there. Apparently they were all stopping at Paisley and turning right round without going onto Glasgow.

Seems you got off lightly mate! ;)

Didn't go into work this morning. Two other guys didn't risk it either. Awaiting the usual "courtesy call" I get from the gaffer when I don't turn up. <_<

The job can be cancelled two ways. Me sitting in the house or me lying deid on a slab.