Snow!

xbl

This is true. Its really the difference between the Scottish and English psyche. In England, there are folks year round, laughing heartily, enjoying themselves, "Snow? No fear! Hahahaha". "Now, lets enjoy ourselves and take life one step at a time, look at that sunshine!"

Fast forward a few months, the skies cloud over, and..."jesus! Whats that white stuff in the sky??". Cue the country grinding to a halt, 82 car pile ups, vital services disrupted, and thats all before the snow actually starts.

Meanwhile in Scotland, there are people squinting up in the summer sky, "It'll never last, we'll pay for this!". Winter holds no fear for us, our soul is by default darker than the winter gloom. 8)

I love that. It is funny cause it's etc.etc.etc.

It's CHRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

A

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Nice photo! Its completely clear here, and freezing cold. The tiny, tiny bit of snow on the ground is freezing nicely.

You're one of us now! One of us! One of us! :D

Presumably, when you go back down to England, you take a stash of Royal Bank of Scotland notes, mutter about the temperature, and look on with scorn at their soft, decadent lifestyles? Oh, and while you are perfectly happy to make friends with foreigners, you regard other Englishers with deep suspicion?

Or have I just exposed myself as a horrible racist?

Yes, you have. Exuberant was right about you.

You, however, were very close to being right on one small point: I make absolutely no effort to get English notes and am ready with the defence of "That's legal tender" (even though it's not) every time I try and spend one. :D