Snow!

xbl

Snow's great if you're a kid, or maybe if you have kids. Other than that it's a pain in the arse (figuratively) and the accompanying cold weather is a pain in the joints (literally) - particularly sitting at the football for a couple of hours.

I was really sore after sitting at the Sons - v - East Fife game at the weekend, my knees and shoulders had stiffened up and my back was aching.

We got loads of the stuff, and I would usually be pretty happy with that but I've got work in an hour then I'm going out after, I guarantee I will hit the deck <_<

Edited by Dave

The snow here is starting to belt down now.Might even lie! I'll bring some over if you want haha.Will cost you though :P

You must be higher up than me. It's just wet by Barshaw Park.

Don't worry, I'm going out soon - expect a whiteout down Paisley way... :(

At the risk of running out a tired old cliche about softy southerners, I received this e-mail from my daughter's school not half an hour ago -

Dear Parent/Carer

Please would you be aware that there is currently a severe weather warning in place for the next 24 hours for the Cambridge area. Please check our college website, xxxxxxx for up to date information on any possible school closure. Information will also be broadcast on Radio Cambridgeshire in this event.

Now, this probably seems like a smart move, given that a severe weather warning is potentially cause for alarm, right?

Here is what the Beeb is forecasting for tomight and tomorrow for the Cambridge area:

Light snow tonight, maximum temerature of 1degree tomorrow.

Yep, we've had it..... :rolleyes:

Yep, we've had it..... :rolleyes:

As a Scot, I believe that if it does snow you're now legally and morally bound to strut about declaring "ye call this fucking snow?".

Oh, and Thundermonkey will shortly be on to explain that it isn't the soft southerners overreacting to the snow, but in fact, an opportunity for all the communities of south England to get together in a spirit of harmony and rejoice in the winter wonderland.

Edited by Lord Xbass of Lichtie

As a Scot, I believe that if it does snow you're now legally and morally bound to strut about declaring "ye call this fucking snow?".

I've been practicing all year.

"Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the fire is so delightful, and since we've no place to go, do you pansies call this snow?" :D