Snow!

xbl

There is that perfect moment when a really heavy snowfall overnight covers everything in a pristine white blanket, making the sun seem twice as bright, the blue sky infinitely deep and the air crisp and clean; that hides all the man-made, litter, industrial ugliness and general filth, when you can almost imagine yourself back in the better days of a younger nation.

Unfortunately, when everyone wakes up, it all turns to dirty brown slush, compacts on the pavement, freezes over and turns to a rutted assault course. It also is the bane of news reporting in that, just as last night when there was a threat of snow in the far South-East, Suffolk down to Kent, the main story was about the salt reserves they had for gritting the roads. :rolleyes:

I'm with Mr Wee; snow is great in theory. In practice, it's an absolute pain! <_<

PS I'm going out tonight - this may explain some of my angst.

Just started snowing here. It's only light, but nice to see all the same. :)

:o

Should be snowing here in a bit then 8)

:(

I should have expected this though as the last half hour has got muckle grey and cloudy. Paisley's still holding out though but not for much longer I fear. My tree is full of starlings and it's a couple of hours until their usual roosting time.

conflicted about my response to this news.

it'll be fine when I am once again back in Scotland and settled in for the festive period.

but as it is I have a day to go :( -thus giving the snow time to really let rip :( - and then 340 miles to drive <_< overnight as well :( so not a great thing at this point in time.

that said the spade is packed, the gloves and hat are looked out, the gps is programmed, the emergency food supplies are ready to rock, the tank is filled and I'm getting a torch later on.

that said the spade is packed, the gloves and hat are looked out, the gps is programmed, the emergency food supplies are ready to rock, the tank is filled and I'm getting a torch later on.

Would ye no be better trading your current motor in for a snowplough? :)

No snow, but its sunny here in helensburgh, so im happy enough with that.

It's on its way! Just hit Paisely - nothing much though, just a sprinkling of half-hearted hailstones mixed with rain spits. I'm glad I'm still indoors though.

Good luck with the A1/M74 trek theentomologist. ;)

There is that perfect moment when a really heavy snowfall overnight covers everything in a pristine white blanket,

That's the kind I like. Makes my garden look just as neat and tidy as the neighbours.