Snow!

xbl

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently there is SNOW ON THE SPERRINS (according to Radio Ulster). It's certainly cold enough for it, with a sharp frost, but I have no intention of going out at this time of the morning to check. May report later.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Apparently there is SNOW ON THE SPERRINS (according to Radio Ulster). It's certainly cold enough for it, with a sharp frost, but I have no intention of going out at this time of the morning to check. May report later.

Had to do a taxi run, so checked out the Sperrins on my way home. Disappointed to report there is NO SNOW ON THE SPERRINS, so Radio Ulster was telling lies (although there may have been snow on the Sperrins at 6.45 and it has now melted).

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

On 06/05/2021 at 09:21, Jacksgranda said:

Had to do a taxi run, so checked out the Sperrins on my way home. Disappointed to report there is NO SNOW ON THE SPERRINS, so Radio Ulster was telling lies (although there may have been snow on the Sperrins at 6.45 and it has now melted).

There was snow on the Sperrins - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56994348

• 7 months later...

Covering of snow this morning, but it's nearly all gone. Still enough for the youngsters to make a snowman in the front garden. The temperature is starting to drop so things will be a bonny mess in the morning.

The Sperrins are covered in snow.

4 hours ago, Thorongil said:

Silly 2 wheel drivers all over the shop this morning. The Snow Mode in my F-Pace handled the conditions with consummate ease. 

Enjoyed seeing a BMW parked on a hill flooring it when setting off on my way home from work. Also enjoyed seeing a multitude of 4x4 drivers going at three miles an hour.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Enjoyed seeing a BMW parked on a hill flooring it when setting off on my way home from work. Also enjoyed seeing a multitude of 4x4 drivers going at three miles an hour.

Aye some of them were laying it on a bit thick. I was comfortably doing about two thirds normal speed.

Edited by Thorongil

• 2 weeks later...

Sunday night into Monday morning saw a blizzard here, I'd love to say that this being Canada meant everyone just dealt with it in their stride, but since this is Toronto, everyone of course shit the bed, buses and cars stuck all over the place, public transit all but shut down and the Premier of Ontario, Doug Ford, out trying to win hearts and minds but digging out cars (he looked like a wee kid at the beach digging sand) and giving people lifts home, all while never wearing a mask and while driving and facetiming a local news station, what a province! 

ETA - Sorry for the crappy screensheet pictures, the originals were too big 

Bliz 1.jpg

Bliz 2.jpg

Bliz 3.jpg

Bliz 4.jpg

Edited by Torpar