Snow!

xbl

Not the extremes mentioned but leaving work this morning it was -10 and the very first thing I thought when I walked out into it was, your not lasting long if you are caught out here in this temperature. Not just cold, but into another tier of freezing where you kind of know it's dangerous.

50 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Was just about to post this.  It pisses me off every year people driving without clearing their windscreen and other windows but this is bizarre and totally stupid.  Laziness taken to a new level.

Fortunately haven’t seen any other examples of it so far this time around.

2 hours ago, Torpar said:

I've been out here when the windchill made it feel like close to -40, as soon as you step outside it literally takes your breath away, it's hard to breath for a second and pretty soon any exposed skin starts to tingle then go numb, the local weather forecasts will tell how long you can be outside before frostbite kicks in. My first winter here I took the streetcar/tram to work everyday, standing on the street waiting for them was brutal but you just get on with it, thankfully now I take the subway.

We were getting the train in to New York and I was nudging my wife to snigger at the commuters wearing big knitted ear muffs in the cold. 10 minutes later I wasn't laughing. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

They're at it, there's no chance that someone was driving about with just a wee peep hole. 

You underestimate people’s stupidity.  He’s been charged with dangerous driving.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-55950942

4 hours ago, Torpar said:

I've been out here when the windchill made it feel like close to -40, as soon as you step outside it literally takes your breath away, it's hard to breath for a second and pretty soon any exposed skin starts to tingle then go numb, the local weather forecasts will tell how long you can be outside before frostbite kicks in. My first winter here I took the streetcar/tram to work everyday, standing on the street waiting for them was brutal but you just get on with it, thankfully now I take the subway.

This winter here has actually been fairly mild, it's "only" -9 at the moment, feels like -17. I think the lowest feels like temperature we have had this winter is -22, which doesn't feel too bad. There's a poster on here, Raider maybe? How lives in the Chicago area, they have worse winters than Toronto  

ETA - Hope you've got the big coat on @mugen_power

https://globalnews.ca/news/7631656/alberta-weather-cold-15-new-record-lows/ 

Ha, merely a bit nippy :lol:

16 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not sure if this has been posted already.

She was on social media offering square goes to anyone calling her an idiot as well.

:lol:

Another lorry video, this time from Texas where they don't like ice.

16 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’ve had -20 in Stockholm and +42 in Chandigarh. 

Not on the same day obvs.

We went to Riga for a few days about a fortnight before Christmas a few years ago. It never went above freezing the whole time we were there - the river was frozen solid, and one night it apparently went down to -27. Have to say, it didn't appear noticeably colder than it had been any other night...below a certain temperature it just registers "baltic" in your mind.

In this case literally.