Snow!

xbl

8 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Because they're cheaper to buy, cheaper to run, and if they're only ever driven on the road it's very rare that 4wd is required?

The equivalent estate will likely be cheaper still.

Very decent amount of snow, is it acceptable to phone in saying I'm snowed in and can't get work from my bedroom to the spare room?

1 minute ago, RiG said:

Do people in Glasgow know how to drive in the snow?

It's the indicating away from the pile up that tickles me. But to answer you question, no, the driver hasn't even taken the time to clear the snow from their vehicle.

9 minutes ago, RiG said:

Do people in Glasgow know how to drive in the snow?

The answer to this is a resounding no. I just drove to GRI and the amount of (mainly BMWs) wheelspinning about the place was ridiculous. So many of them couldn’t get up the hill 4A0C309C-6B26-4029-BF71-BB446AEBBF05.png.93bd6401839417f33d8430f372b40067.png I’m surprised I didn’t see an accident tbh as I smugly drove past in my pishy Kia.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I find that not many in the UK know how to drive in snow yet they will carry on as normal anyway.

It's not even as good as that. Any sort of shite weather sees folk going for gaps they wouldn't even consider on a dry, sunny day, especially changing lanes on the motorway or coming out of a junction in a monsoon.

The hills in Glasgow city centre are always tremendous entertainment in the snow though, both with vehicles and pedestrians.

The Hilltown (the actual long, steep road rather the overall area) here is always good for idiots in the snow. I mind seeing a car sliding down from the top and hitting the railings at the bottom. Also saw a car try to get up it and sliding backwards in to different railings. 

Anyway, I hope @throbber has made a giant snow cock and balls in the middle of the road where he stays.