Snow!

xbl

36 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Snow has hung on here since Boxing Day. Fresh flurry every day. Was down to - 8oC this morning on the valley floor. Roads are beyond treacherous now but since I have nowhere to be driving to that's nae bother!

Wonderful walk today.
IMG_20210102_145954.jpeg

Now that's cauld!

There have been accidents on the M73, M74 and M8x2 this morning all within an hour.
Nowhere seems to have been sufficiently gritted yesterday/last night. Key workers are apparently expected to be as immune to ice as they are to Covid. 
I was on the 74 on the way taking the Mrs to work in Glasgow and 2 of the 3 lanes were well gritted but the overtaking lanes were a death trap.

Problem seemed to be the lack of traffic going over the roads to and from the motorway meaning they were a bit dicey.

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

In one of the above pics there is a diving boat fishing razors in the distance. That must be absolutely FREEZING work right now !

Nah, sea temperature should be around 8c at present (March is typically the coldest month around 5.5 - 6C)  I did a fair bit of sea swimming last winter but not this year as I need to travel around 20 miles to the sea and thats not exactly encouraged at present.  Quite a few people that I know are still swimming in skins which is not for me really.

Nah, sea temperature should be around 8c at present (March is typically the coldest month around 5.5 - 6C)  I did a fair bit of sea swimming last winter but not this year as I need to travel around 20 miles to the sea and thats not exactly encouraged at present.  Quite a few people that I know are still swimming in skins which is not for me really.
Fair point plenty still swimming here although these wee razor boats seem to be in the same spot for 8 hours at a time but no idea how many are actually in the water and for how long. Still not the most pleasant branch of the fishing industry.

Anywhere else in the country apart from the Clyde Riviera record no fucking snow whatsoever in the past fortnight? Plenty of glorious winter sunshine and low temperatures but the few chances of serious snowfall landed as rain even at 100 metres above sea level. 

Bring back the hip-level snowdrifts from 2018.

6 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Today is the first day I haven't woken up to a layer of fresh snow overnight since Boxing Day.

In its place there was a new climatic challenge. I think this may be the coldest weather I have ever experienced in Scotland.

Thaw seems to be coming per forecast. IMG_20210109_082509.jpegIMG_20210109_082226.jpeg

Where was that? 

December 2010 was the coldest Ive felt. Was a longer colder spell.

Beast from the East wasnt even that cold !