Snow!

xbl

2 hours ago, philpy said:

Never mind the snow, did anyone get woken by that fucking huge rumble of thunder earlier this morning?? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-55184493

Never heard of thunder setting off car alarms before. 

People calling the Police to cry about the scary thunder noises sounds pretty much on-message and to form for the good people of Edinburgh.

I didn't realise it happened in Fife too, but having been there I can believe they would be similarly frightened of sky-demons.

6 minutes ago, milton75 said:

People calling the Police to cry about the scary thunder noises sounds pretty much on-message and to form for the good people of Edinburgh.

I didn't realise it happened in Fife too, but having been there I can believe they would be similarly frightened of sky-demons.

image.thumb.png.c75341a6a9178ea4e7ac4cab3282a860.png

Sky Demons don't f**k with fifers.

Love some thunder snow, happens here often in early and late winter.

The snow that came down on Tuesday has all but melted here, leaving behind waterlogged grass and salt everywhere, it's amazing how many dog owners believe that if their dog shits in the snow they don't need pick it up and it will magically disappear. When the snow banks melt in March the pavements are usually covered in a beautiful mix of old dog shit, fag ends and Tim Hortons cups, hopefully next winter I'm not in this city anymore

6 hours ago, milton75 said:

It was so frightening. I’ve started a support group for people affected by Thunder Snow.

6 hours ago, milton75 said:

A guy dressed in bear suit with a cardboard tank pretending to shoot at one group of Fifers once caused calls to the police, so Fife has some previous. 

Edited by Torpar

7 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-55184493

Never heard of thunder setting off car alarms before. 

People really need to use a Thesaurus occasionally. Especially Leanne here. Is ‘crazy’ really the best description? 

F31E62CE-99D9-4B90-80FE-DC434C30D426.png

3 minutes ago, Torpar said:

A guy dressed in bear suit with a cardboard tank pretending to shoot at one group of Fifers once caused calls to the police, so Fife has some previous. 

I hope a support group was organised.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

People really need to use a Thesaurus occasionally. Especially Leanne here. Is ‘crazy’ really the best description? 

"Fucking loud" would be better but doubt the BBC would let that be a caption

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Makes a nice change from 'shocking eh' 

Just now, Scary Bear said:

I hope a support group was organised.

I believe The Victims of Sammy The Tammy group is still going strong including those traumatised Rangers (Oldco) fans when he threw babies out of a pram or home and away fans traumatised by him sledging down the stairs of the Norrie McCathie Stand, some boy. 

31 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The snow that came down on Tuesday has all but melted here, leaving behind waterlogged grass and salt everywhere, it's amazing how many dog owners believe that if their dog shits in the snow they don't need pick it up and it will magically disappear. When the snow banks melt in March the pavements are usually covered in a beautiful mix of old dog shit, fag ends and Tim Hortons cups, hopefully next winter I'm not in this city anymore

We don't have the dog poo spring problem as bad here in Bureaucracyville because folks love to call bylaw to snitch on people, so dog walkers are more likely to be afraid of getting a ticket for not picking up after their dogs

38 minutes ago, Torpar said:

The snow that came down on Tuesday has all but melted here, leaving behind waterlogged grass and salt everywhere, it's amazing how many dog owners believe that if their dog shits in the snow they don't need pick it up and it will magically disappear. When the snow banks melt in March the pavements are usually covered in a beautiful mix of old dog shit, fag ends and Tim Hortons cups, hopefully next winter I'm not in this city anymore

zD52w7E.jpg

Edited by Gus Setsniffer

9 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

We don't have the dog poo spring problem as bad here in Bureaucracyville because folks love to call bylaw to snitch on people, so dog walkers are more likely to be afraid of getting a ticket for not picking up after their dogs

Toronto needs less shooting and more snitching IMO

8 minutes ago, Gus Setsniffer said:

seems to have gone downhill since my one and only time there in 1997, i really liked it at that time.

It's not great, 99.9% of the shooting are 'targeted' so I'm not fearful of those but also it seems like 99.9% of the people here are selfish arseholes, it comes as no surprise that Toronto and neighbouring Peel Region are raging hotspots for Covid, there are weekly anti mask protests and recent massive Diwali parties which I'm sure didn't help. The transit system is also a joke for a major city. Still a decent place to visit as a tourist though I would say, and our winters are fairly tame compared to even Barrie an hour north of here