Snow!

xbl

I live next to the M80, I've never seen so much snow here. Easily a foot and half in front of the door.
Shout out to anyone (non emergency workers) trapped in their cars, I assume you'll need it being that much of a fuckwit you ignored all the warnings.

Tempted to wander over, stand at the top of the embankment with a thermos of sloe gin, a six pack and some twiglets and just shout abuse / some unhelpful advice.

Before retiring to my woodburning stove and some netflix.

Not attempting to work today. Eventually hoofed it down yesterday taken me about an hour and a half/two hours and got a mouthful of shite off the gaffer when I got in. Just about had enough of the place if I’m honest

Nice and clear in Edinburgh at the mo....bit of a battering overnight judging by the garden  but hearing about Fife and the West it does look like it was a lucky escape from it being wore.

Every website I read for an idea of today contradicts each other. Beeb is ok till later and 'maybe' heavy snow, others are constant but light snow...I've seen folk say metcheck is the most accurate, any others folk would recommend? I'm not planning on going to work or anything daft like that, just want to have a wander at some point :-)

Nice and clear in Edinburgh at the mo....bit of a battering overnight judging by the garden  but hearing about Fife and the West it does look like it was a lucky escape from it being wore.

Every website I read for an idea of today contradicts each other. Beeb is ok till later and 'maybe' heavy snow, others are constant but light snow...I've seen folk say metcheck is the most accurate, any others folk would recommend? I'm not planning on going to work or anything daft like that, just want to have a wander at some point :-)

Where about in Edinburgh are you, cause there’s almost a foot of snow outside my door!

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Where about in Edinburgh are you, cause there’s almost a foot of snow outside my door!

Down near Porty, there's a few inches of snow. I meant the sky was nice and clear as others had said there was bad weather ongoing.

Thinking of buying the boys a sledge but not sure where to head that's nearby - bit too far away from Arthurs Seat for the wee men.

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

I would say about a solid foot in the Tollcross area. Felt like more.

Our office never closed either. Made it into work, driving through the 12 inches of white shite like the masochist that I am. I think my work is at 3% capacity!

2 minutes ago, cement said:

Got stuck in Edinburgh last night. Took refuge in pub and got hammered before crashing at mates. No spare keks, contact lenses and I have a hangover and no trains.emoji102.png

Only one thing for it then, back to the boozer!!

Some amount of Yer Da patter on and offline about how hysterical/bad we are at coping with snow. “How come we coped with a Nazi invasion but not this” was a particular highlight.

Quite sunny in Glasgow this morning so I’m gonna assume it’s exactly the same everywhere else and will stay exactly the same throughout the morning. I will do my usual 20min walk to work and then chide anyone who didn’t make it in via a gridlocked motorway or a non-running rail service.

Edit - blizzard just started 2mins after posting that.

Edited by The OP

Below is what the Met Office reckons is for Edinburgh between noon and midnight, why would this be an amber warning and not the red waning we had yesterday? Looks like the same forecast they had? It's also completely different from the Beeb radar thingy I seen that showed no snow for Edinburgh...

image.png.81997ba42cf1c4482e15032d6c4e12bc.png

Daft burd interviewed on the radio from Glasgow airport,, which is closed so she can't fly out as planned.

"The situation is a complete shambles"

Yeah, Scotland's entire infrastructure should be altered during this unprecedented weather, just to make sure your life doesn't have to change, ya daft boot.

Locally, I'm working from home, though my work is closed until at least 10am.  Snow is deep enough that I can't see the 2 basketballs that are lying somewhere on my back green.

Got stuck in Edinburgh last night. Took refuge in pub and got hammered before crashing at mates. No spare keks, contact lenses and I have a hangover and no trains.[emoji102]

I'm safely tucked up at home with a shitty hangover but I feel your pain so I'll put back on yesterday's clothes and boxers and get pished again for You, solidarity brother