Snow!

xbl

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

Glasgow shut down by 6pm.

Spar, pubs the lot. Oh, yeah and all public transport links.

#tinpot

I managed to nip into the Spar at Eglinton Toll for some Koka Noodles on the way home at about 5. Laurieston seemed to be closed, though.

All these folk stuck on the M80 don't know how lucky they are. Freebies galore. Wasn't like that when I got stopped at the snowgates at Drumochter Pass for 11 hours a couple of years ago.

Still going strong in Dundee. Moved my car when I got home from work so I had an easier exit to get to Arbroath for my football but started chucking it down no long after so my cars now stuck in the street instead of my parking space.

Luckily enough a car had to ditch itself right behind mine so I’ve got a wee barrier behind my car now for any out of control cars going down the hill.

Few abondoned motors in the street now.

Absolutely battering down in Kelty now. Was out attempting to clear a bit of the road earlier and was overwhelmed with the blizzard. I did manage to clear my driveway, it's now got another couple of inches worth of a top up.

I was going to say something similar - where are you staying. Philpy?
The wetherspoons hotel. Was the cheapest and closest place To the theatre available at the time when I booked. was a bit of a c**t when they shut the bar at 3pm, but they were obviously putting the safety of the staff that were on the next shift first. A few of the other pubs were open at least.

Just helped push my neighbours car out of his driveway. He  literally is the gritter driver well the chef mechy for the cooncil so he needs to go in.Its thundersnow still in fife.Been up since 4 due to the thunder

I’m going to try to get in but but call everyone else and tell them not to bother.  Once I’ve made a few calls to suppliers about deliveries we’re due today and a couple of other essentials I’ll head back home.

Can see a lot of places closed today.

Our office won’t close, but I’ll be expected to work from home (Not that I really can) if I stay in. Can’t drive and no buses running in Edinburgh so it’ll be a 4 mile hike at some point since I need to get into town for tomorrow anyway. Ohh well looks like I’m off work for a while today. [emoji23]