Top Gear- New Series Starts Tonight

Andy Dufresne

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will they ever rewiew a car thats less than £100,000, very funny but think they have lost the plot a bit. bring back tiff

Watch fucking Fifth Gear then!!!

Top Gear aint about reviews anymore which is why they have a much bigger audience now than they did when it was a programme reviewing a Rover 25 every week.

The whole point of it now is its an entertainment programme, which is why its one of the highest rated shows in Britain these days.

I'm sorry but Top gear would lose it's audience if it went back to reviewing saloon cars for an hour. The only reason I watch it is due to the insanely expensive cars, fannying about and ridiculous situations which they develop. It isn't a review show: it is entertainment and if you want something else go watch fifth gear. :rolleyes:

Fifth Gear has been cancelled. Top Gear has been going through the motions for a long time now appealing to idiots really who want to see town centre traffic stopped with a motorised bathtub on wheels or some other contrived drivel.

Keep Top Gear for the idiots and get Tiff in to do a serious review and motoring show.

Top Gear is not bad and the last few weeks Top Gear, Diagnosis Murder and Doctors have filled the rain-soaked weekdays before I start my new job.

Hammond is a tosser though, smug arse.

Also, the crowd! The women tend to all be attractive and they all look at the Presenters with that smirky-fuckme look in their eyes. If May, Hammond or Clarkson find themselves single, I'm sure they'll be fine for poontang!

I don't get it anymore. I used to love Top Gear, honestly I did. I even liked Clarkson :o Then I got a bit bored with it.

Earlier this evening I walked past my sons bedroom and he was doubled up in laughter watching it. He was telling me it was "must see television". I suppose I should have sussed that since he's a 16 year old who likes to claim everyday that he almost killed himself - today it was lifting shoe boxes :rolleyes: - that he may be prone to exaggeration. However I found myself with a quiet moment at work, and a warm cup of coffee on my desk so I thought "why not".

Frankly the show is utter shite now. The whole sequence about the tingling feeling between your penis and the prostate was infantile and juvenile at best. I could perhaps understand why a daft virgin student might find it funny, or why a brain dead call centre worker might laugh out loud at it but there's f**k all humour left in it for us grown ups. Indeed I was left wondering if that little poofter Richard Hammond in particular wasn't protesting just a little too much.

It's dull, dull, dull, dull, dull.

...was infantile and juvenile at best...
... I was left wondering if that little poofter Richard Hammond in particular wasn't protesting just a little too much...

Score one for mature humour!

It's dull, dull, dull, dull, dull.

Good for you. I think its great fun. Highlight of Sunday tv.

Yesterday's was pretty terrible, the news section isn't as good as it used to be, where they brought on motoring things they'd found, and reviewing the Audi R8 and the Corvette AGAIN. It has a slightly different engine, doesn't mean the review is going to be totally different. I'd like them to review a sensible car at least a few times in the series, but in a ridiculous way i.e. the Fiesta test. The Big Mercedes/BMW tests are all exactly the same every time, it doesn't handle well but goes quickly in a straight line and that's it, the tyres squal and smoke comes off them, it's completely dull viewing. The electric car thing had potential, but they're not even making it believeable any more - weren't trying at all to make it actually better than a G-wizz, shame as it's probably not hard.

And who the f**k are guests they've had this series? At least get someone with a personality to come on...

Yesterday's was pretty terrible, the news section isn't as good as it used to be, where they brought on motoring things they'd found, and reviewing the Audi R8 and the Corvette AGAIN. It has a slightly different engine, doesn't mean the review is going to be totally different. I'd like them to review a sensible car at least a few times in the series, but in a ridiculous way i.e. the Fiesta test. The Big Mercedes/BMW tests are all exactly the same every time, it doesn't handle well but goes quickly in a straight line and that's it, the tyres squal and smoke comes off them, it's completely dull viewing.

They've exhausted the formula. Expect a test in coming weeks of the Ferrari 458, where Clarkson waxes lyrical about the technology on the car before concluding its not as exciting as an F40. Seen that, been there far too many times before.

On 'old' Top Gear, supercar tests used to be something I looked forward to. Now they do them every single week and familiarity breeds apathy. Oh look, there's Clarkson setting fire to £1,000 worth of Bridgestones. Again. Yawn. Reach for Sky remote.

James May sharing a Toyota IQ with a St. Bernard was far more entertaining. They've just simply become lazy and/or ran out of imagination.

They've exhausted the formula. Expect a test in coming weeks of the Ferrari 458, where Clarkson waxes lyrical about the technology on the car before concluding its not as exciting as an F40. Seen that, been there far too many times before.

Don't forget the car they've just made breaking down in a busy street causing mass pile ups and much tooting. It was quite amusing the first time around but not the 51st.

It's way too scripted these days. It probably always has been, but that shite about that feeling in your penis yesterday was one of the unfunniest things I've seen in the show.

While I have enjoyed the 2 new episodes, watching Dave now almost seems like a better idea...

Never miss this program but I do agree it is getting a bit samey!!!

The highlights are now definitely the "filmed" adventures/touring/assorted f**k-ups and I think the best episodes have been the ones that have been entirely dedicated to such films, Viet-Nam by Scooter and across the African Veldts in an Opal Kadett being such highlights!!!

Think they need to lose the taking the supercars around the track bit as well, most of us would perhaps give a limb or a lung to own such a vechicle let alone the chance to drive one and is it just me but Clarkson and "Trying to be like Clarkson" Hammond choosing the obvious lesser car just because it's a bit more "mad", "'cos it can't go round corners" is starting to get on my tits as well!!!

It's still a great show but they really need to watch what they are doing or it will suddenly all go tits up and their hard earned stutus as a top entertainment show will quickly disappear as will their mega budgets and therefore their decent adventure type films!!!

Really good show tonight. The caravan airship was fun and the Lancia feature was excellant. Don't think I'll be investing in a kit car anytime soon though.

Really good show tonight. The caravan airship was fun and the Lancia feature was excellant. Don't think I'll be investing in a kit car anytime soon though.

Lancia item was indeed excellent (should confess I'm a bit of a fan of the marque, Delta Evo in particular.)

Chris Evans seems like a proper petrolhead as well. More guests like him please.

Lancia item was indeed excellent (should confess I'm a bit of a fan of the marque, Delta Evo in particular.)

Chris Evans seems like a proper petrolhead as well. More guests like him please.

Yep tonight was better than usual, and Lancia feature was good.

There was one bit were they talked about Lancia producing RHD cars when the U.K and Sweden were only RHD countries in Europe and used it as some 'look how mad they were' feature. That is only half the story- Italy only changed to driving on the right between the World Wars, and indeed the countryside used to be left, the cities right. Also mountainous places like Northern Italy, Switzerland and even Spain used to buy RHD cars over the LHD as the bigger danger was going off the edge of the road on Alpine passes or other crumbling road edges than head on crashes. Lancia and Alfa were both the same in this respect and had cars with RHD for this reason until the late 50's.

Lancia now are no marks making ugly versions of Fiats- indeed you really should just buy the Fiat which is better looking....

Archived