Top Gear- New Series Starts Tonight

Andy Dufresne

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This series hasn't been too bad IMO, but tonights episode was tremendous. The Touareg bit at the beginning was a bit meh, the the news was too, but the rest was excellent. Two great guests, that Veyron S.S is fucking lightning, and the piece on Senna was magic.

there hasnt been many guest's using the new car so it's not that surprising they got good lap times

if they had done it in the last car and beaten JK and simon cowell then there would be cause for suspicion

They specifically came to the UK to promote their new film. I don't think they'd be so dishonest as to fabricate the lap times: in fairness it's a new car with relatively few people trying it out, Diaz seemed to be a bit of a passive petrolhead and Cruise gied it so much laldy that he was on two wheels at the end!

You could tell his lap was seriously quick by how slow it looked. No tyre-squeal or drama... final corner aside. I'm sure he's raced in professional leagues in America too, so not much of a surprise he beat a 21-year-old who made his name in Harry Potter movies.

Diaz too showed she could drive by doughnutting the Jaguar.

Also, being big-name actors, they're probably quite good at mindlessly following instructions, in this case, from the Stig.

They specifically came to the UK to promote their new film. I don't think they'd be so dishonest as to fabricate the lap times: in fairness it's a new car with relatively few people trying it out, Diaz seemed to be a bit of a passive petrolhead and Cruise gied it so much laldy that he was on two wheels at the end!

agreed. they've topped it so far, but get Jay Kay and Jodie Kidd on they'll smash that.

The bit about Senna was fantastic. After watching the Ferrari stitch up earlier in the day, the old footage of Senna and Prost reminded me why I enjoy Formula 1 so much.

For a few strange minutes, even Lewis Hamilton seemed quite likeable!

This! It was quite fitting to see Senna in his prime a few hours after witnessing that nonsense from Germany.

I've seen plenty Senna footage over the years, and remember seeing him taking Prost out to win the title, but a couple of things I'd never seen were shown last night. One handed steering round the corner at Monaco, and him actually stopping at the side of the track during a race to help the guy that had crashed. Pretty staggering stuff really.

I have to say, I don't mind Hamilton, but you could see how much it meant to him having a shot in the old McLaren. No wonder - that noise wub.gif. Also, wonderful to see the black Lotus with John Player Special on it - iconic car!

For a few strange minutes, even Lewis Hamilton seemed quite likeable!

I know what you mean - that's worrying!!

The entire Senna feature was excellent. In the unlikely event that TG producers are reading this, please, please do a similar feature on Colin McRae ASAP.

You will also need to get someone to sort the pieces of arms and legs and the occasional head that will be thrown all over the track !!

As I said to my dad, McLaren must have been absolutely bricking it when Hamilton went out in Senna's F1 car.

Archived