Aberdeen Fan Accidentally Set On Fire

speccy1984

It's the fact of life, I'm afraid, in the same way you wouldn't wander round Bridgeton with a Celtic top on after 10 o'clock at night.

Man in highly flammable outfit surrounded by his own fans = safe.

Man in highly flammable outfit surrounded by drunken opposition fans = not safe.

That's not pandering, that's just plain common sense.

(edited because I can't spell "brigton" right.. ;))

It's pandering.

I wouldn't wander around Bridgeton dressed normally after 10 o'clock at night. It's hardly the best example. Getting on a train dressed as a sheep's rather a different matter.

I hope they chop the c**t's match-striking hand off.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep, he sounds like he fucking loved getting set on fire:

The 24-year old, believed to be an Aberdeen fan returning home from his side's game with Hibs in the capital, received serious burns to his legs and arms when his fancy dress costume caught fire.

He was taken to Victoria Hospital, Kirkcaldy, and later transferred to the burns unit at St John's in Livingston.

Everything else I'd read so far said second degree burns.

Nobody is laughing at the guy's injuries. The humour came from the image described in the article. It is entirely possible to have sympathy for the guy's plight, but at the same time find the situation amusing.

It's pandering.

I wouldn't wander around Bridgeton dressed normally after 10 o'clock at night. It's hardly the best example. Getting on a train dressed as a sheep's rather a different matter.

I hope they chop the c**t's match-striking hand off.

Hmm... I think you might live in a slightly idealised world (cocooned in your agricultural backwater, as it were ;)) the truth of the matter is if you wear a completely flammable, and stupid - one would presume, costume near opposing drunken fans then you are asking for trouble. It may not be "right", but it's pretty much the way the world is.

:lol:

You are really funny when you get angry. I can almost hear the tears splash off your keyboard as you wrote that.

I really should pity you. It can't be easy trying to go through life with the IQ of a gnat :(

Quite frankly, you weren't there. You weren't struggling to get out of a train carriage when you thought it was on fire and spreading fast. You didn't turn round and see that it was actually a person on fire only a few feet away from you.

I was in 'nam,man. :lol:

BUT YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN.

Exactly, he wasn't.

Anyone who claims they wouldn't be scared shitless by the thought of their train carriage being on fire and spreading fast, with them struggling to leave, is a liar. To then further claim they wouldn't find the image of someone on fire even slightly horrific further compounds that.

I await the inevitable responses from the knuckle-draggers that infest this forum.

I really should pity you. It can't be easy trying to go through life with the IQ of a gnat :(

Indeed. In fact I have such a low IQ I wouldn't have been clever enough to ask my dad to pull the communication cord, or be allowed to speak to the train driver. You are such a special little boy. So brave too!

At least you've stopped being a screaming queen, although I feel the "YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN! :angry:" comments may haunt you for months to come.

Indeed. In fact I have such a low IQ I wouldn't have been clever enough to ask my dad to pull the communication cord, or be allowed to speak to the train driver. You are such a special little boy. So brave too!

Why are you adding arms and legs to the story? My dad pulled the cord because he happened to pass it first. I spoke to the driver because I happened to be closest to the intercom when he asked what had happened.

I'm not entirely sure why people have decided to round on me, but never mind. It's something that's to be expected from a forum full of morons.

At least you've stopped being a screaming queen, although I feel the "YOU WEREN'T THERE, MAN! :angry:" comments may haunt you for months to come.

Yes, of course they will. :huh:

Hmm... I think you might live in a slightly idealised world (cocooned in your agricultural backwater, as it were ;)) the truth of the matter is if you wear a completely flammable, and stupid - one would presume, costume near opposing drunken fans then you are asking for trouble. It may not be "right", but it's pretty much the way the world is.

I live in deepest, darkest Dundee, man. The only farmers round here have tinfoil covered windows and receive a near constant stream of gaunt looking visitors.

The assertion that the boy was somehow "asking" for it is frankly ridiculous. Like I said in my initial post, if these are the kind of things we have to take into account when leaving the house today then we are pandering to utter fucking stupidity.

Unless of course setting someone dressed like a sheep on fire on a train isn't utterly fucking stupid?

I'm not entirely sure why people have decided to round on me..

Really? :blink: That's quite amazing.

The assertion that the boy was somehow "asking" for it is frankly ridiculous.

That was never my assertion though, "asking for it" is too strong, it's just common sense. Why did he wear it home for example, would it not have been more sensible to take off the costume once he had left the stadium?

Everything else I'd read so far said second degree burns.

Nobody is laughing at the guy's injuries. The humour came from the image described in the article. It is entirely possible to have sympathy for the guy's plight, but at the same time find the situation amusing.

The Courier said this:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/11...y14048983t0.asp

Boy on Aberdeen-mad said:

Right, we were in the same carriage as the boy, dressed as a sheep,turned round after a few screams and as far as i know,could be wrong, but some idiot thinks it would be funny to take a lighter to his costume and the next thing we know, he was running up and down the aisle on fire, screaming for help, panic occurs,everyone starts running away etc, some folk throwing their beer on him to put the flames out,maybe nae such a good idea but it all happened so fast. Boy gets pushed to the floor on advice from a first aider on the train. The boy has second degree burns, skin was peeling off his hands, legs etc.

Really? :blink: That's quite amazing.

This all started thanks to Swampy making comments about my account, which I then defended, and Div being a bit of an idiot, laughing at the situation, something I also objected to.

It's then managed to grow from there into some kind of personal attack against me and how I seem to be over-exaggerating the situation.

But I guess if doing that makes people good about themselves...

That was never my assertion though, "asking for it" is too strong, it's just common sense. Why did he wear it home for example, would it not have been more sensible to take off the costume once he had left the stadium?

You said he was "asking for trouble". In what way? He's dressed as a sheep, for f**k's sake. It's hardly an inflammatory act, if you'll pardon the pun, even given the circumstances. The whole scenario's ridiculous.

Like I said, why should we pander to the type of p***k that is offended enough by some daft b*****d being dressed like a sheep to set them on fucking fire?

The Courier said this:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/11...y14048983t0.asp

Boy on Aberdeen-mad said:

Right, we were in the same carriage as the boy, dressed as a sheep,turned round after a few screams and as far as i know,could be wrong, but some idiot thinks it would be funny to take a lighter to his costume and the next thing we know, he was running up and down the aisle on fire, screaming for help, panic occurs,everyone starts running away etc, some folk throwing their beer on him to put the flames out,maybe nae such a good idea but it all happened so fast. Boy gets pushed to the floor on advice from a first aider on the train. The boy has second degree burns, skin was peeling off his hands, legs etc.

And?

I don't see how that contradicts my point.

As I say WW I just think you are being a little idealist, and I suppose that is testament to your character, but sadly life is far more cruel.

Fair enough, Ric.

I ain't ever stopping going onto trains dressed like farmyard animals, though. Not fo' nobody.

If we pander, we accept. Don't let the b*****ds grind you down and aw that shite.

And?

I don't see how that contradicts my point.

Well, basically you were saying that everything was funny as f**k cos the guy is okay.

Yeah he may be alive and kicking, but I would say that "skin falling off" is fairly serious?

Anyway, f**k it. We have different morals and I'm glad I have mine opposed to yours. TBH though, I have pretty fucking low morals, so yours must be fairly scraping the barrel!

We have different morals and I'm glad I have mine opposed to yours.

I wouldn't say the morals of most on this thread differ.

Just some find it easier to abstract the situation, that doesn't make them immoral. ;)

Archived