Aberdeen Fan Accidentally Set On Fire

speccy1984

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I appreciate it's bad luck on the lad, what did he expect riding a train in a highly flammable garment, wearing team colours and surrounded by opposition fans with a drink in them? It doesn't take a genius to realise that was a bad combo. Could he not have taken the outfit off once he was on the train?

I, like Div and almost the rest of the forum, did have a chuckle at the reporting. The two Dundee fannies who are trying to claim we are all bad eggs for laughing really should get a grip. We are laughing at the situation and not the person, and if you can't understand that then you are stupider than the team you support suggests.

While I appreciate it's bad luck on the lad, what did he expect riding a train in a highly flammable garment, wearing team colours and surrounded by opposition fans with a drink in them? It doesn't take a genius to realise that was a bad combo. Could he not have taken the outfit off once he was on the train?

Have we really reached the point where a man has to base his outfit on whether a pissed-up football fan might want to set him on fire?

Are we pandering that far to utter fucking stupidity?

Jeeeeesus.

I, like Div and almost the rest of the forum, did have a chuckle at the reporting. The two Dundee fannies who are trying to claim we are all bad eggs for laughing really should get a grip. We are laughing at the situation and not the person, and if you can't understand that then you are stupider than the team you support suggests.

Yes, maybe I am "stupider" than the team I support suggests. I think you may be implying that St Mirren fans are more intelligent than Dundee fans............................but that's a different debate that you would lose.

Anyway, yes, if I knew at the end of it that the guy was okay then I would find it hilarious. On the other hand, thinking of someone setting someone else on fire, and the person being in hospital with "serious burns" does not make me chuckle too much I'm afraid. Maybe I'm just a sensitive soul. Or maybe you were in 'nam with the Yanks or something and you're as hard as f**k.

I don't see how you can differentiate between the situation and the person.

I think you may be implying that St Mirren fans are more intelligent than Dundee fans............................but that's a different debate that you would lose.

If I was debating the subject I wouldn't lose, as I am incredibly clever. :D

I don't see how you can differentiate between the situation and the person.

It's the cornerstone of comedy, the abstraction of the situation from the personal circumstances.

If you can't differentiate between situation and the person then you are the exception to the rule. That said you at least didn't sound as sanctimonious and whiney as your Dundee supporting friend.

Have we really reached the point where a man has to base his outfit on whether a pissed-up football fan might want to set him on fire?

Are we pandering that far to utter fucking stupidity?

Jeeeeesus.

It's the fact of life, I'm afraid, in the same way you wouldn't wander round Bridgeton with a Celtic top on after 10 o'clock at night.

Man in highly flammable outfit surrounded by his own fans = safe.

Man in highly flammable outfit surrounded by drunken opposition fans = not safe.

That's not pandering, that's just plain common sense.

(edited because I can't spell "brigton" right.. ;))

If I was debating the subject I wouldn't lose, as I am incredibly clever. :D

It's the cornerstone of comedy, the abstraction of the situation from the personal circumstances.

If you can't differentiate between situation and the person then you are the exception to the rule. That said you at least didn't sound as sanctimonious and whiney as your Dundee supporting friend.

I'm not but I never seen it lol.

I am maybe just a homo, but just the fact that it happened to a supporter on a train that I've obviously been on plenty of times before, and which someone on here witnessed makes it a bit more personal; no? Added to the fact that I am fucking shit scared of being in a fire makes me come across like Mahatma Gandhi lol.

It's like the Air France plane that crashed between Rio and Paris. Normally if a plane falls out the sky then you feel sorry for the families etc and forget about it, but the fact I was on that journey almost exactly a year before made it seem a bit more personal. Not crying my eyes out personal but you know what I mean, I think?

Do you have problems with Princess Diana or Michael Jackson jokes? It's the same principle.

As I say, it's a shame for the lad, but the thought of a man dressed as a sheep running up and down a train carriage on fire with fans throwing beer on him has a comedic level to it.

If you are wondering, I have actually been set on fire before, and as a joke too! In the mid 80's it was "very trendy" to have ripped jeans which left lots of "threads" hanging down either side of the rips. I've had those set on fire when I wasn't looking and it wasn't until my arse suddenly felt warm (:unsure:) did I realise something was up. Not 2nd degree burns though, I managed to put it out before then, but I did have a chuckle afterwards (well after giving the lad who did it a sharp kick).

Do you have problems with Princess Diana or Michael Jackson jokes? It's the same principle.

As I say, it's a shame for the lad, but the thought of a man dressed as a sheep running up and down a train carriage on fire with fans throwing beer on him has a comedic level to it.

If you are wondering, I have actually been set on fire before, and as a joke too! In the mid 80's it was "very trendy" to have ripped jeans which left lots of "threads" hanging down either side of the rips. I've had those set on fire when I wasn't looking and it wasn't until my arse suddenly felt warm ( :unsure: ) did I realise something was up. Not 2ns degree burns though, I managed to put it out before then, but I did have a chuckle afterwards (well after giving the lad who did it a sharp kick).

"Princess" Diana I found amusing cos I couldn't give a shit about a publicity seeking slut. I was also pissed off that she got all the fucking games canceled. M

Ach we're not gonna agree lol. Yeah the thought of the guy running through the cabin would normally make me laugh too as long as he was okay at the end, then it would be uber-funny. It's the thought of the poor c***s skin hanging off that puts me off laughing about it.

Speaking of burns, the e-mail when the boy when he sticks the firework up his arse is most amusing as the daft p***k done it himself lol.

You clearly are an inbred little shit.

Look at the Internet hardman! :lol:

Why don't you ask your dad to pull the communication cord on the forum so he can speak to the driver and get it stopped, that might stop you descending past the sanctimonious drama queen level you are currently at.

Look back at the comments in this thread, is there a single one agreeing with you other than thommohawk? (and even he must be wanting to distance himself from your comments). No, everyone just thinks you're on your period. Although it does make for somewhat laughable, albeit cringeworthy, car crash interwebby.

"Princess" Diana I found amusing cos I couldn't give a shit about a publicity seeking slut. I was also pissed off that she got all the fucking games canceled.

Surely a tad contradictory though. You are asking for the personal suffering to be brought into question yet are happy to discard it in order to laugh at someone you don't like.

Out of interest have you ever met this fan that was on fire? He may be an odious little shit that you may wish ill on after 10 minutes of speaking to him.. ;)

Ach we're not gonna agree lol.

It's not that I don't see your point, I can just separate the personality and the circumstance easily and without guilt.

Surely a tad contradictory though. You are asking for the personal suffering to be brought into question yet are happy to discard it in order to laugh at someone you don't like.

Out of interest have you ever met this fan that was on fire? He may be an odious little shit that you may wish ill on after 10 minutes of speaking to him.. ;)

It's not that I don't see your point, I can just separate the personality and the circumstance easily and without guilt.

Yes it's contradictory in the fact that I can laugh at one person dying and someone getting burnt. It's not contradictory in the fact that I detested her and her "type". I would rather my 60 pence per year or whatever "they" cost went on something else.

Nope, never met him. Well not that I'm aware of. Being a fellow Dee though, I'm sure we'd get on like a house on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at the Internet hardman! :lol:

Why don't you ask your dad to pull the communication cord on the forum so he can speak to the driver and get it stopped, that might stop you descending past the sanctimonious drama queen level you are currently at.

This is one of these circular situations where if I try and defend myself, you'll simply use it as vindication of your original assertion.

Quite frankly, you weren't there. You weren't struggling to get out of a train carriage when you thought it was on fire and spreading fast. You didn't turn round and see that it was actually a person on fire only a few feet away from you.

If that makes me a "drama queen". then so be it, At least I'm not an emotionless piece of scum like you, who would probably shag his own mother if it meant he got a "lol" out of it.

"Princess" Diana I found amusing cos I couldn't give a shit about a publicity seeking slut. I was also pissed off that she got all the fucking games canceled. M

Ach we're not gonna agree lol. Yeah the thought of the guy running through the cabin would normally make me laugh too as long as he was okay at the end, then it would be uber-funny. It's the thought of the poor c***s skin hanging off that puts me off laughing about it.

Speaking of burns, the e-mail when the boy when he sticks the firework up his arse is most amusing as the daft p***k done it himself lol.

Third degree burns were actually a lucky escape compared to what could have happened to him if he had arrived in Aberdeen still wearing a sheep costume.

This is one of these circular situations where if I try and defend myself, you'll simply use it as vindication of your original assertion.

You can't defend yourself from being an sanctimonious arsehole, because that's exactly what you are. You have demonstrated this ever since you joined.

Quite frankly, you weren't there. You weren't struggling to get out of a train carriage when you thought it was on fire and spreading fast. You didn't turn round and see that it was actually a person on fire only a few feet away from you.

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN, YOU DON'T KNOW! :angry:

Oh, ffs, get over yourself. If that is the most dangerous situation you ever get into in your life then you are doing well. You make it sound like fucking Vietnam. :lol:

At least I'm not an emotionless piece of scum like you, who would probably shag his own mother if it meant he got a "lol" out of it.

:lol:

Deary me, really mate, go and lie down, or turn the computer off, you are making a massive arse of yourself.

You can't defend yourself from being an sanctimonious arsehole, because that's exactly what you are. You have demonstrated this ever since you joined.

You've just described yourself there.

I'm sure there's a name for the condition where you attribute your own failings to someone else because you can't accept them.

YOU WEREN'T THERE MAN, YOU DON'T KNOW! :angry:

Oh, ffs, get over yourself. If that is the most dangerous situation you ever get into in your life then you are doing well. You make it sound like fucking Vietnam. :lol:

You're another one with a very black and white view of the world.

Is it not possible that something can be bloody scary without it being a war?

Actually, I couldn't care less what you think. You may mock, but the fact is that you weren't there so can't comment.

:lol:

Deary me, really mate, go and lie down, or turn the computer off, you are making a massive arse of yourself.

So that's true, then.

Deary me...imagine admitting to incestuous rape. You vile human being :(

Archived