Aberdeen Fan Accidentally Set On Fire

speccy1984

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't even know what you're going on about. My comment was a joke...which makes your response decidedly ironic.

Okay, you're starting to scare me now...

Edit: ah...point taken - reading back, I'd intended to quote your previous post.

You're still a jobbie though.

This didn't receive the chuckle it deserved. You did mean that, didn't you?

Anyway, I was watching the start of a Monty Python episode a while back and there was this guy with a small pair of wings and a set of bicycle pedals, chain and set of cogs that made them flap up and down, running along, making little jump trying to fly.

You see him from a wide angle shot, running along getting faster and faster, but still not flying. Another angle then shows him flying along horizontally, four or five feet off the ground. He crashes into a massive wall and his legs are dangling out perpendicular to the wall. The camera angle is rotated 90degrees and zooms out to show that he wasn't flying, he was in fact falling from a very high cliff. As the camera zooms out, you see that there are a number of other pairs of legs and mangled wreckages of other people that were trying the same thing.

This was funny, in the same 'absurdity of it all' manner that Div and Ric found the conjured image of man in sheep's clothing running amok on a train alight funny. The reality, however, of a number of people following each other like lemmings off a cliff is quite horrific, much in the same way that Div and Ric would (and have already done so) acknowledge someone on fire as being awful.

What you describe in a Monty Python film may be funny, but watching people through themselves off the top of the Twin Towers wasn't, or do you not agree.

What SCM witnessed was not a movie stunt so hence he finds it, not surprisingly, unfunny.

At no point did SCM make it seem like he was just back from the Helmand province, just a straightforward reporting of events, and for that he gets his head kicked in by those who are trying to divert attention from the fact they thought the incident was funny.

At no point did SCM make it seem like he was just back from the Helmand province, just a straightforward reporting of events, and for that he gets his head kicked in by those who are trying to divert attention from the fact they thought the incident was funny.

Jesus. H. Christ.

What you describe in a Monty Python film may be funny, but watching people through themselves off the top of the Twin Towers wasn't, or do you not agree.

What SCM witnessed was not a movie stunt so hence he finds it, not surprisingly, unfunny.

lol, what a fucking space cadet.

Did anyone else see the guy burn?

Please let there be as it appears a certain poster has copyright on the situation as

"He was there"

When's the book/film coming out and what will it be called?

Did anyone else see the guy burn?

Please let there be as it appears a certain poster has copyright on the situation as

"He was there"

When's the book/film coming out and what will it be called?

Pathetic.

As part of the silent majority folowing this thread I am so disappointed at the contribution on here from the West of Scotland ignorant posters, I can only assume that the Brechin poster has West of Scotland connections.

Sir Calum is so correct that making ongoing fun of a burning person is the mindset of the lowest of the low.

Dress your comments up with as many fancy words as you like but what comes across is the lack of feeling for your fellow humans.

This thread has however allowed us all to appreciate that the supporters, in the main, of West of Scotland football, under their team colours, can get their enjoyment from something so low as someone burning.

This is worse than the perpetrator as nobody has said he found it funny.

:lol:

What a fucking excellent thread. I have to say the image of a man dressed as a sheep on fire is comedy gold.

Nobody on here is laughing at the injuries the sheep recieved more the image of his coat on fire while passengers lob beer at him.

As part of the silent majority folowing this thread I am so disappointed at the contribution on here from the West of Scotland ignorant posters, I can only assume that the Brechin poster has West of Scotland connections.

Sir Calum is so correct that making ongoing fun of a burning person is the mindset of the lowest of the low.

Dress your comments up with as many fancy words as you like but what comes across is the lack of feeling for your fellow humans.

This thread has however allowed us all to appreciate that the supporters, in the main, of West of Scotland football, under their team colours, can get their enjoyment from something so low as someone burning.

Well said.

This is worse than the perpetrator as nobody has said he found it funny.

:lol:

I love the way this is being turned into some East/West thing, as though if it happened on the Glasgow to Ayr train we wouldn't be amused at the image.

I am also enjoying the inability of posters to actually read what is being posted about the incident before getting on their high horse. Not one single poster has laughed at the injuries suffered by the guy.

Archived