Aberdeen Fan Accidentally Set On Fire

speccy1984

I've not failed to grasp anything. You said you found the thought of a man on fire, funny. It then follows that you would have found this man on fire, funny.

This is incredibly basic stuff.

Indeed, it is incredibly basic, which makes it astounding that you continue to not get it.

They also think someone burning isn't funny.

Jesus you two are a perfect match. Neither understand the point being made and both are oblivious to people laughing at them.

Keep digging though gents, it's classic car crash interwebbery.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case you haven't noticed, it's not just 2 Dundee fans, even a couple of supporters from your own team have chipped in.

They also think someone burning isn't funny.

Someone dressed up as a sheep burning IS funny though. Its the absurdity of the whole thing that is funny. Not the actual fact the guy got burned. Its not actually that difficult to seperate the two things. You can feel sorry for the guy getting hurt. But can laugh at the fact he was dressed up as a fucking sheep whilst toasting merrily.

My thoughts are with his flock.

Someone dressed up as a sheep burning IS funny though. Its the absurdity of the whole thing that is funny. Not the actual fact the guy got burned. Its not actually that difficult to seperate the two things. You can feel sorry for the guy getting hurt. But can laugh at the fact he was dressed up as a fucking sheep whilst toasting merrily.

My thoughts are with his flock.

:lol:

Why do you say that?

This didn't receive the chuckle it deserved. You did mean that, didn't you?

Anyway, I was watching the start of a Monty Python episode a while back and there was this guy with a small pair of wings and a set of bicycle pedals, chain and set of cogs that made them flap up and down, running along, making little jump trying to fly.

You see him from a wide angle shot, running along getting faster and faster, but still not flying. Another angle then shows him flying along horizontally, four or five feet off the ground. He crashes into a massive wall and his legs are dangling out perpendicular to the wall. The camera angle is rotated 90degrees and zooms out to show that he wasn't flying, he was in fact falling from a very high cliff. As the camera zooms out, you see that there are a number of other pairs of legs and mangled wreckages of other people that were trying the same thing.

This was funny, in the same 'absurdity of it all' manner that Div and Ric found the conjured image of man in sheep's clothing running amok on a train alight funny. The reality, however, of a number of people following each other like lemmings off a cliff is quite horrific, much in the same way that Div and Ric would (and have already done so) acknowledge someone on fire as being awful.

I can't help but feel partly responsible for the outpouring of moral outrage on this forum. Just to clarify, my position here was never to mock the individual who was injured in this incident rather the BBC reporting of what happened.

I think my post makes that pretty clear to be honest.

Hope the fella is alright, but couldn't help but laugh at some of the lines in this article;

** Link **

I can't help but feel partly responsible for the outpouring of moral outrage on this forum. Just to clarify, my position here was never to mock the individual who was injured in this incident rather the BBC reporting of what happened.

I think my post makes that pretty clear to be honest.

it did to most people!

This phrase has always puzzled me, considering most babies wake up every couple of hours!

This thread is very very very funny, btw.

Good shout, like a log then !

But not a log you'd set fire to, obviously.

Sir Calum should dress up in his dunces hat and we could set fire to him as well.

I wouldn't even pish on him to put it out though.

We are getting to the heart of the matter. The truth is out, no question of misquoting, if SCM was burning in a dunces hat, you 'wouldn't wouldn't even pish on him to put it out'.

You see that's been his, and certainly my, problem with this all along, thanks for clearing it all up for us.

Archived