How Did Your Amateur/junior Team Get On This Weeke

Tormod Macleod

Star Hearts got beat 1-0 by Cowdenbeath this weekend which wasn't a bad result as Cowdenbeath are a top side and Star ghave been getting horsed recently. Actually managed to see the first half hour of the match before heading off the EEP for the ICT game.

How did your team do?

Star Hearts

Well, slightly more seriously then - my girlfriends flat in Aberdeen looks out on to Chris Anderson stadium and on Saturday there was a wee game of football going on and on adjoining pitches down by the high rise flats there.

Anyway, I was able to watch about 30 minutes of the game and saw a cracking goal scored by one team and then a meaty challenge fly in that saw the boy actually walk off the pitch a good five minutes before the Ref produced the red card.

I actually heard the yelp of pain from my lass' flat about 100 yards away!

Yeah that fine wee place. There were about 50 odd folk in the stand as well. There is normally a wee game on every weekend there. Last week there was a game between two teams one in a Celtic type top and the other in a Rangers top.

The game on Saturday was quite enjoyable to watch and one player looked like a very tricky winger.

Yeah that fine wee place. There were about 50 odd folk in the stand as well. There is normally a wee game on every weekend there. Last week there was a game between two teams one in a Celtic type top and the other in a Rangers top.

The game on Saturday was quite enjoyable to watch and one player looked like a very tricky winger.

It's a cracking wee stadium RiG. The pitch looks superb too.

Guest pint_of_lager_

Our game got called ( Clydebank Rovers v Shettleston) off but we play Queens Park this week in the scottish cup 4th round.

Bill

Clydebank Rovers Gaffer

Haven't got a clue, although if it helps, I reckon he was about 28ish.

Star got beat 5-1 yesterday by the hairiest team I've ever seen in my life (Kettle). They brought on a sub at half time who was the spit of Frodo (Elijah Wood) :lol:

Some promising players on show for Star though, they're turning the corner IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
That's not the smart wee athletics stadium near Pittodrie is it? The one you pass on the way there from the Bobbin.

Just to let you guys know, A team called Lewis Utd play there and they are a no to bad junior team ;)

I know a fair bit about them so ask questions of you want (cost £3 a game to watch BTW)

A guy I work with is the club chairman

Archived