Gold Forum Discussion.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The threads should be left open for late contributions.

The threads were being plagued with unfunny shit and then folk started posting to say that the unfunny shit was not funny all the while adding to the shit that was not funny and as a consequence the threads were becoming shit. Unfunny shit.

The threads should be left open for late contributions.

False.

The threads were being plagued with unfunny shit and then folk started posting to say that the unfunny shit was not funny all the while adding to the shit that was not funny and as a consequence the threads were becoming shit. Unfunny shit.

:lol: True.

For the best case against this, view the last few pages of the Lol Footballers thread.

Correct. I don't see a problem with someone starting another thread on the same topic as the ones in the Gold Forum if they feel the need to add to it. Should the new thread reach Gold worthiness, it could then be merged with the original.

Correct. I don't see a problem with someone starting another thread on the same topic as the ones in the Gold Forum if they feel the need to add to it. Should the new thread reach Gold worthiness, it could then be merged with the original.

True.

Although it would be a bit dull to just clone every thread in here.

True.

Although it would be a bit dull to just clone every thread in here.

You're right. However, if anyone really felt they had something to add to one of the existing (locked) threads, they could start their own thread just to see how it took off. I'd much rather there were cloned threads than one once classic thread dragged to shite. LOL Footballers being the case in point.

You're right. However, if anyone really felt they had something to add to one of the existing (locked) threads, they could start their own thread just to see how it took off. I'd much rather there were cloned threads than one once classic thread dragged to shite. LOL Footballers being the case in point.

Aye, very true.

Shitting Stories is definitely worth keeping open, there is still mileage in that one. :lol:

Spot on.

Shitting stories was left open on the premise that the stories weren't getting any worse than the content that had already made Gold but I'd encourage cloned threads if there were still excellent ideas out there.

• 4 weeks later...
I had to stop for a shit behind a bush at mile 20 of the Edinburgh Marathon last year.

It began brewing early in the race and a couple of times I had really bad stomach cramps. Around mile 13 I began looking for somewhere to stop and looked around only to see a girl I train with down the road behind me and she waved to me. I knew she was fast (she ended up the third fastest Scots woman in the race) so I knew I wouldn't pull away from her. I therefore decided to keep going.

At mile 20 though it got too bad. I jumped behind a bush and exploded everywhere. Pure liquid. I wiped my arse with a leaf but if was all over my hands, shorts, everything. I jumped back into the race but struggled badly in the last 6 miles. I finished 13 mins behind my target time of 3 hrs and lost 10 mins of those in the last 6 miles, indeed, I lost 8 in the last 2 miles where I eventually had to take a walk break. Totally dehydrated.

I noted my female friend ahead of me by the time I rejoined the race and phoned her after the race to ask how she got on. She was very confused as to how she had managed to beat me despite apparently not overtaking me.........

Another mate of mine who finished the race in 2.58 was a bit perplexed when I put out my left hand for a handshake when I saw him at the end.........

Luckily my wife had some wipes and a change of trousers. I cleaned myself up in the bogs at the Musselburgh racecource..... but only after I'd had another explosion.

What did I learn from this? Don't got out for a Chinese curry the night before attempting to run a sub 3 hour marathon..........

clatty c**t

how is the beckham thread "gold"? a wee fud talking shite? it's not really very funny is it? same goes for that pish about a fort. p and b gold should be about toilet humour and the truely bizarre like strathclyde and big tellys

Archived