Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

12 minutes ago, BaSeDG0DSA1NT said:

Can anyone recommend a good hand held gaming device (DS/GBoy) and Pokèmon game.

I am having a look online for a few things but not sure whats what

3DS but if you can afford it get the "new"  model, it mostly looks the same but it has a big step up in hardware and eventually new 3DS titles wilk require it. 

The advantage of getting a 3DS is that the vast majority of the main titles will be available to you. You can download the Gen 1 titles, the Gen 2 remakes can be bought cheap(Personally I'd recommend HeartGold/Soulsilver, best games in the franchise IMHO) the Gen 3 remakes are available also and currently they are the most advanced titles available, although they are a little easy. The Gen 4 games are cheap also and Platinum is worth a shout. The Gen 5 games are fantastic titles, in my opinion second to the Gen 4 remakes. The Gen 6 games are available but rather Meh, not terrible games but you are forced to wear rollerblades after a set time and it makes navigating terrible and moving around cities frustrating. 

So personally I'd recommend a new 3DS and either HeartGold/Soulsilver or White/Black/White2/Black2. 

There's a app available on the 3DS store called Pokemon bank which costs about £5 a year but it means you can move Pokemon from gen 5 to gen 6 and between gen 6 titles plus store them externally without the need for a second 3DS, it will in the future also be able to move Pokemon to the Gen 7 titles when they become available. 

Hope this helps 

I was watching the lightning last night and there was some guy with his phone stuck to his face, his bird about 10 feet behind him as he was on a fkn mission marching up and down looking for these pokeythingys. 

It was 01:00 in the fkn morning wtf ??

Servers are playing up again. Walked home from the train station & map kept freezing. Nae Pokemon either.

Relaunched the app a few times & no joy.

Let me use a Pokestop though which was weird.

47 minutes ago, wulliamwallace said:

I was watching the lightning last night and there was some guy with his phone stuck to his face, his bird about 10 feet behind him as he was on a fkn mission marching up and down looking for these pokeythingys. 

It was 01:00 in the fkn morning wtf ??

Maybe he was farming electric types.

Edited by Slenderman

So how does a Pokestop work? As in what do I actually do while at one?

I have caught 2 Voltorbs and a Magnemite just while sitting at my work, both fairly low level (but Im only level 5 anyway) and then managed to catch a Growlithe and a Drowzee on the bus home

So how does a Pokestop work? As in what do I actually do while at one?

I have caught 2 Voltorbs and a Magnemite just while sitting at my work, both fairly low level (but Im only level 5 anyway) and then managed to catch a Growlithe and a Drowzee on the bus home

Spin the disk in the middle and goodies will appear, tap them to pick em up.

Poke balls and potions are the most common. Sometimes get eggs or incense.

not 100% convince the lure modules work or work as they are supposed to, was in ashton lane today and one kept being dropped at hillhead underground, had half hour to kill so thought id see what was there, got one zubat and a squirtle, put some incense on and got another couple but nothing to write home about, quite a few lure modules ive been top and squat appears, surely its not all bad luck

also does the nearby indicator work, every single time i see it something is always 3 steps away no matter if im actually sitting on a damn pokemon

1 minute ago, 53_and_counting said:

not 100% convince the lure modules work or work as they are supposed to, was in ashton lane today and one kept being dropped at hillhead underground, had half hour to kill so thought id see what was there, got one zubat and a squirtle, put some incense on and got another couple but nothing to write home about, quite a few lure modules ive been top and squat appears, surely its not all bad luck

also does the nearby indicator work, every single time i see it something is always 3 steps away no matter if im actually sitting on a damn pokemon

I'm wondering if the lures work better as you go through the levels. I've put a few down recently that have been far more productive than before... although you've got to fight through an army of flaming Drowzees to get something decent.

Nearby indicator did work to begin with, but hasn't properly for about a week or so now. Used to be able to trace down the rare ones using it, but it's total luck if you stumble across them now.

Lures and modules definitely work based on high the ridiculous amount of Pokemon in Princes Street Gardens. It was literally 2/3 a minute without even moving.

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm wondering if the lures work better as you go through the levels. I've put a few down recently that have been far more productive than before... although you've got to fight through an army of flaming Drowzees to get something decent.

Nearby indicator did work to begin with, but hasn't properly for about a week or so now. Used to be able to trace down the rare ones using it, but it's total luck if you stumble across them now.

9 minutes ago, Widge said:

Lures and modules definitely work based on high the ridiculous amount of Pokemon in Princes Street Gardens. It was literally 2/3 a minute without even moving.

im level 10 and i swear any lure module ive been kicking around has been shite

im level 10 and i swear any lure module ive been kicking around has been shite

Obviously I didn't use any, but all the pokestops in gardens had ones and the amount definitely showed they work.

Servers were a nightmare today with the map freezing every couple of minutes.  Got a few new ones, grinded plenty of the usual ones and caught a Pikachu outside Malmaison.  Going to talk a walk to Princes St Gardens tomorrow.