Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

2 questions. First is when you drop a lure/lucky egg what happens? Second, how do i put all my pokemon from best to being at top?

at the bottom of your pokemon screen there should be the option to change how they are ordered by. Regarding the second, not used either so i cant help you.

Servers seem to be down again

12 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

2 questions. First is when you drop a lure/lucky egg what happens? Second, how do i put all my pokemon from best to being at top?

A lucky egg gives you double click for 30 minutes and a lure can be placed on poke stops for 30 minutes to attract more Pokemon. Doubling them up means loads of xp.

Servers making me seethe in this :(

Seems to be off more than its on. Still though, addictive as hell. Just like Pokemon Blue was for the old game boy, good times.

17 minutes ago, Lex said:

Servers making me seethe in this :(

Seems to be off more than its on. Still though, addictive as hell. Just like Pokemon Blue was for the old game boy, good times.

It's a great excuse for exercise, gotta give Nintendo credit for that. Playing Platinum on my 3DS, great game. 

Servers issue cost me a Lapras this afternoon. Think it would've been my strongest Pokemon by a fair distance. Also found a Grimmer and an Abra, which also disappeared during a pokeball glitch. 

Raging. I did hatch a Mr Mime from an egg though, which was quite excellent. 

39 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

Used 18 great balls trying to catch a dragonair but still failed. For some reason every throw seemed not to reach. Finally got it into a great ball and it escaped. No idea why I couldn't catch it.

I've wasted so many balls due to my terrible aim. It's hard to Guage distance, certain pokemon stand closer than others

As you go through levels, random curve balls come into play too. Think I wasted about 20 great balls on a Drowzee.

This was a problem I was having. Whenever I tried to put distance on the throws it would curve them wildly therefore completely missing the target. Bit gutted I failed as it's the first new Pokemon I think I've seen since yesterday morning, just getting all the same ones wherever I go at the moment.

I'm still not sure how gyms work. I won a gym battle, put the gym reputation down by 2,500 points, but it didn't seem to change anything else. Gym didn't change hands, I didn't get to place a Pokemon in the gym. Need to figure out their purpose.

Just now, jmothecat said:

This was a problem I was having. Whenever I tried to put distance on the throws it would curve them wildly therefore completely missing the target. Bit gutted I failed as it's the first new Pokemon I think I've seen since yesterday morning, just getting all the same ones wherever I go at the moment.

I'm still not sure how gyms work. I won a gym battle, put the gym reputation down by 2,500 points, but it didn't seem to change anything else. Gym didn't change hands, I didn't get to place a Pokemon in the gym. Need to figure out their purpose.

You need to get the gym level down to zero before you can win it. I beat a red gym last week and the same thing happened. I left it, but read later you need to keep going until it's done.