Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Go to the dragon guy in Opelucid City, think you should find him in the house left of the poke centre and he can tutor Draco Meteor which is a devastating special dragon attack.

While I'm positive that Draco Meteor on Hydreigon would decimate near enough everything in the game, there are several drawbacks. It only has five PP which isn't much. It lowers special attack by two stages, meaning that once I've used Draco Meteor to kill a pokemon, I probably have to switch out no matter what their next pokemon is due to my weakened state. With that in mind, I'll probably leave dragon pulse in there, it's a reliable move if nothing else.

Having a look just now, and I suspect not. The only male Pokemon which can pass on Earth Power to a Hydreigon is one from the Garchomp family and they can't learn Dark Pulse so it wouldn't go down the family line.

I thought that might be the case, quite disappointing as ground would give it great coverage. That pretty much leaves the final slot between surf, hyper voice and focus blast. Hyper voice hits most things for normal damage (I have dark pulse for ghosts and flamethrower for steels) so is a solid move. Surf is slightly more powerful and allows me to hit fire, rock and ground pokemon easier. Something which I can't do just now. Focus blast is the most powerful of the choices and hits dark pokemon well, but it's accuracy is only 70 which isn't really good enough for a sweeper. At the moment, I would say I'm leaning towards Surf...

Also, how can somebody win over 1000 battles, and still have three pokemon of the same type in the one team? laugh.gif

While I'm positive that Draco Meteor on Hydreigon would decimate near enough everything in the game, there are several drawbacks. It only has five PP which isn't much. It lowers special attack by two stages, meaning that once I've used Draco Meteor to kill a pokemon, I probably have to switch out no matter what their next pokemon is due to my weakened state. With that in mind, I'll probably leave dragon pulse in there, it's a reliable move if nothing else.

If you go into the stadia in Nimbasa City the battles occasionally lead to getting PP Ups and PP Maxes, which might help for low PP attacks.

Edited by Ad Lib

Thanks to Forehead, I am now determined to get a shiney black Charizard, 35 eggs down nae luck, only another 4000 odd to go by my calculations.

Oh and my dex is now at 553 seen, 547 caught, fast running out and negotiations is a right pain in the arse.

You're far further on than me. I'm sitting on 346 seen, 233 caught, although I do have another potential 28 caught if I level up some of the Pokemon I have.

Thanks to Forehead, I am now determined to get a shiney black Charizard, 35 eggs down nae luck, only another 4000 odd to go by my calculations.

Oh and my dex is now at 553 seen, 547 caught, fast running out and negotiations is a right pain in the arse.

I might cry if you get one before me.

I've started playing Soul Silver again. I've no idea why I stopped playing it as I'm loving it.

Hopefully I'll get Black/White soon, got to get some money first.

Soul Silver is brilliant. I'm planning on starting it again soon so that I can transfer more Pokemon across to Black :D

Thanks. I gave it a bash last night, and I've managed to befriend a Kangkaskhan. Do they learn how any different moves?

Looked this up myself, and it turns out pokemon can have special moves in the dream world. Although, some moves are available through breeding or move tutors. The slightly annoying thing is the special moves you get depends on your score in the mini games. I played an ice cream one last night and I was embarrassingly bad at it. laugh.gif

Here's a link for more detailed information about special moves and abilities:

http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/dreamworldattacks.shtml

The only shiny I've actually encountered in the wild is my Ekans. It looks very cool and I always trade it to the latest games. I have other shinies, but they have all been obtained through events, story mode of Heart Gold or by trading online, which is risky as you can never be sure if somebody has hacked it or not.

The only shiny I've actually encountered in the wild is my Ekans. It looks very cool and I always trade it to the latest games. I have other shinies, but they have all been obtained through events, story mode of Heart Gold or by trading online, which is risky as you can never be sure if somebody has hacked it or not.

Lucky you, I've never encountered one but have Vanilite, Lanturn, Hydreigon and Mudkip on White and Larvitar and Suicune on SS.

You could be going forever with the eggs. I've never managed to get a shiny egg in Gen III, IV or V.

You could be going forever with the eggs. I've never managed to get a shiny egg in Gen III, IV or V.

Achh I've plenty of time, anyway using the Masuda method, I have now got a 1 in 1366 chance, i'm almost a 1/13 of the way there. Anyway it will be worth it to see how Forehead reacts.:D

I've never had a shiny Pokemon in all the versions I've played since 1999. Not once.

Never played Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver then? :P

Currently having a speculative egg attempt for a yellow Munna. Not got a shiny Ditto so no Masuda for me yet :(

Never played Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver then? :P

Currently having a speculative egg attempt for a yellow Munna. Not got a shiny Ditto so no Masuda for me yet :(

Just go onto the GTS and search for a ditto with location japan, or put a ditto up for trade wanting another ditto and hope that you get a japanese one out the other side.