Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Can anyone explain to me how the dreamworld works?

Essentially you create an account online, then using your game, turn on the C-Gear and select "Online" and "Game Sync". You'll then get a code to put in online to connect your account to your game-pack.

You then use the Game-Sync function to "send" a Pokemon to the Dream World (once a day max). You then go online and visit the Dreamworld and encounter Pokemon and befriend them by doing well in minigames. When you get to the big tree of f**k yeah you then place a berry and a Pokemon you've befriended turns from a "dream" into a real Pokemon. You can then get that Pokemon by sending your original Pokemon back to your game, and then using the Entralink facility on the C-Gear to warp to the Entralink and catch it in a Dream Ball.

Pokemon from the Dream World will have their Hidden Ability rather than one of their normal ones: e.g. Ponyta with Flame Body.

Thanks. I gave it a bash last night, and I've managed to befriend a Kangkaskhan. Do they learn how any different moves?

Nah, it's only the ability that changes (as far as I know). For your Pokemon, Kangaskhan usually learns either Early Bird(halves the time to walk up from sleep) or Scrappy(causes ghosts to be affected by normal and fighting moves) but with the DW ability it has Inner Focus(prevents you from flinching)

It's a cool wee bit but I don't think I'll use it that much, Certainly in this case, a Kangaskhan with Scrappy would be more useful than one with Inner Focus IMO.

It definitely would be. It's decent enough for the younger players mainly. Are the only items available berries?

I got a Super Potion yesterday. I think the items and Pokemon available increase the more you play the minigames and collect points.

I got a Super Potion yesterday. I think the items and Pokemon available increase the more you play the minigames and collect points.

Smashing. I only managed to get a sitrus berry yesterday. Also disappointing is that you can only bring one friend back at a time. Caught an oddish that I would've liked to have brought back.

Finally managed to get my hydreigon and it knows:

- Hyper Voice

- Dark Pulse

- Dragon Pulse

- Flamethrower

However, I'm thinking of replacing hyper voice with surf or focus blast. Any thoughts? I would've much preferred to have earth power in there, but I don't want to go through the bother of finding out whether it's possible to have dark pulse and earth power by breeding.

Finally managed to get my hydreigon and it knows:

- Hyper Voice

- Dark Pulse

- Dragon Pulse

- Flamethrower

However, I'm thinking of replacing hyper voice with surf or focus blast. Any thoughts? I would've much preferred to have earth power in there, but I don't want to go through the bother of finding out whether it's possible to have dark pulse and earth power by breeding.

Go to the dragon guy in Opelucid City, think you should find him in the house left of the poke centre and he can tutor Draco Meteor which is a devastating special dragon attack.

I would've much preferred to have earth power in there, but I don't want to go through the bother of finding out whether it's possible to have dark pulse and earth power by breeding.

Having a look just now, and I suspect not. The only male Pokemon which can pass on Earth Power to a Hydreigon is one from the Garchomp family and they can't learn Dark Pulse so it wouldn't go down the family line.

I can only catch Ralts from an unpopulated White Forest and I have no means of getting my DS online. Is there any offline way of expanding the White Forest?

The only way is via local wifi, so you need a mate to be sitting next to you playng Black so you can walk about in their City and talk to their citizens.

The only way is via local wifi, so you need a mate to be sitting next to you playng Black so you can walk about in their City and talk to their citizens.

That's a bit shit. I don't know anyone who has the game, never mind Black.;)

That's a bit shit. I don't know anyone who has the game, never mind Black.;)

Yeah it is, the only person I know who should have had it is someone who lives in Edinburgh most of the time but it didn't come on the friday or saturday when it was released so he went to Game and all they had was White so he just bought that and sold Black.

I really should get online, haven't been on in a while, but I I do that it means I can engage in ranked wifi battles, cause I have only statistically won 16(probably about 25, but you get quiters). and I keep getti people with hundreds if wins, however I did beat a guy with 1000+ wins, pwoud does bit explain it. Electivire cunted him over. :D he had 6 electric types to choose from and electivires motor drive devastated them, cause earthquake killed his jolteon, mantetric and lanturn in one, with the increased speed.