Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

These pokemon have been prominent members of my team since I got them too. Excadrill is a machine, especially when you get swords dance and earthquake. biggrin.gif

Not to mention how bad-ass it looks. I'm not evolving my Drilbur until it learns Earthquake, only need 1 more level.

Just got the fifth badge and beat Bianca. I wish I could have more than 6 Pokemon though, I have to have an ice cream cone in my party! Gutted that I only have the rom so can't trade, but am I hell paying £100 to have that added bonus.

Anyway, these are my 7 main pokemon...

Pignite - Lv 31

Simisage - Lv 30

Paliptoad - Lv 30

Drilbur - Lv 29

Zebstrika - Lv 29

Sigilyph - Lv 29

Vanillite - Lv 26

Where did you get the rom mate?

On Victory Road just now. Current team is as follows:

Emboar lv 54

Item: Charcoal

Moves: Flame Charge, Rollout, Flamethrower, Arm Thrust

Seismitoad lv 52

Item: Amulet Coin

Moves: Mud Shot, Muddy Water, Drain Punch, Surf

Zebstrika lv 50

Item: Magnet

Moves: Discharge, Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Stomp

Unfezant lv 50

Item: Sharp Beak

Moves: Air Slash, Quick Attack, Razor Wind, Fly

Simisage lv 50

Item: Miracle Seed

Moves: Crunch, Seed Bomb, Dig, Acrobatics

Watchog lv 25

Item: None

Moves: Crunch, Cut, Super Fang, Strength

Reasonably balanced although I could probably do with some Ice moves in amongst that and perhaps more by way of Psychic/Dragon influence.

I never see the point in having more than 1 move of the same type. For instance what is the point of emboar knowing flame charge and flamethrower, teach it a different move. Mines knows flamethrower, arm thrust, poison jab and rock trow. Same with seismitoad, there's no point in having surf and muddy water.

You will need a decent 6th I recommend trying to catch a dieno and train it up get some dragon moves in there. As for the rest of your team, unfeazant will be useless against all but te fighting type, and you have nothing to hurt te ghost and physicic with, let alone what comes after. I may be wrong, but with that team even at lv.60 you will struggle IMHO.

I never see the point in having more than 1 move of the same type. For instance what is the point of emboar knowing flame charge and flamethrower, teach it a different move. Mines knows flamethrower, arm thrust, poison jab and rock trow. Same with seismitoad, there's no point in having surf and muddy water.

You will need a decent 6th I recommend trying to catch a dieno and train it up get some dragon moves in there. As for the rest of your team, unfeazant will be useless against all but te fighting type, and you have nothing to hurt te ghost and physicic with, let alone what comes after. I may be wrong, but with that team even at lv.60 you will struggle IMHO.

I always have my water type know Hydro Pump and Surf or my fire type Fire Blast and Flamethrower. Because if you're taking the E4 then you might not have PP restoring items so need all the fire you can get.

I always have my water type know Hydro Pump and Surf or my fire type Fire Blast and Flamethrower. Because if you're taking the E4 then you might not have PP restoring items so need all the fire you can get.

I have never done that at all, but his Unfeazant knows 3 flying moves adn a weak normal, its going to be incredibly useless against almost all types it comes up against.

You will need a decent 6th I recommend trying to catch a dieno and train it up get some dragon moves in there. As for the rest of your team, unfeazant will be useless against all but te fighting type, and you have nothing to hurt the ghost and physicic with, let alone what comes after. I may be wrong, but with that team even at lv.60 you will struggle IMHO.

It makes perfect sense to have more than 1 move of the same type when one is a physical type and the other a special-type attack. Hence it's not *that* absurd to have Flame Charge and Flamethrower on the same Pokemon.

As for Surf/Muddy water I've simply not looked at extra moves for Seismitoad yet. Just been levelling up. forehead7's PP point is also a good reason and whenever I've had a Water-type starter I'll go for as many as 3 water attacks and an Ice Attack, occasionally sacrificing either Hydro Pump or Hydro Cannon (or its equivalent) for another type attack.

I've ditched Watchog and added a Fraxure from Victory Road. Going to evolve it before challenging.

But the team isn't *that* weak. There's only 4 Pokemon in each Elite 4 team first time around as far as I can see.

Ghosts: Cofagrigus can be taken out with a good non-super-effective set of attacks from e.g. Fire or Water types; Jellicent is a dual-type with Water, so Zebstrika can deal with him; Golurk is dual-type with Ground so Seismitoad or Simisage come into their element; Chandelure is dual-type with fire so will be vulnerable to Seismitoad too.

Dark: Scrafty is dual with Fighting and can be taken on with Unfeasant; Liepard is pure Dark so will be weak to Emboar's Arm Thrust; Krookodile is dual with Ground, so vulnerable to Seismitoad or Simisage per earlier; Bisharp is dual with Steel so is weak to fire from Emboar and ground attacks from Seismitoad

Psychic: Reuniclus, Sigilyph and Gothitelle are all pure Psychic. They can be dealt with using Simisage's Crunch then swept up with most other basic elemental attacks if Simisage faints; Sigilyph is dual with flying so Zebstrika should take it out

Fighting: Throh, Sawk, Conkeldurrand and Mienshao are pure fighting so vulnerable to Unfeasant and if necessary Acrobatics on Simisage.

First time around you don't even play the Champion, but the story progresses. I reckon that team's solid enough for now.

:lol: Oh Ad Lib its not going to be as easy as you make it out to be, they all know moves which work super effective against their weakest opponent. For example Reniclus knows flamethrower IIRC and will wipe out your Simisage easily, as for teh others you are under estimating them vastly, there is no way your unfeasant will take out all 4 fighting types and even with Simisages acrobatics, it will be tough. Oh aye and as for Sigilph its going to be quicker than Zebstrika and chances are with Zebstikas awful defence it may only take one hit so have another plan.

As for after the E4, if you make it that far, its doubly tough what you come up against, always has a move you are weak to, oh and a quick hint get an Ice move, otherwise you will face a Hydregien with literally no way of stopping it, unless you get pretty lucky, but you need to kill it quickly or it will just keep getting healed fully.

Anyway advice over, good luck I wish you well, but dont blame me if it all goes tits up.

Edited by Widge

:lol: Oh Ad Lib its not going to be as easy as you make it out to be, they all know moves which work super effective against their weakest opponent. For example Reniclus knows flamethrower IIRC and will wipe out your Simisage easily, as for the others you are under estimating them vastly, there is no way your Unfeasant will take out all 4 fighting types and even with Simisages acrobatics, it will be tough. Oh aye and as for Sigilph its going to be quicker than Zebstrika and chances are with Zebstikas awful defence it may only take one hit so have another plan.

As for after the E4, if you make it that far, its doubly tough what you come up against, always has a move you are weak to, oh and a quick hint get an Ice move, otherwise you will face a Hydregien with literally no way of stopping it, unless you get pretty lucky, but you need to kill it quickly or it will just keep getting healed fully.

Anyway advice over, good luck I wish you well, but dont blame me if it all goes tits up.

You don't necessarily need super-effective attacks to take out teams: strong normal effective attacks from my experience usually do the job as long as the base stats are good enough.

As for Zebstrika, one of the first things I did after I evolved it was to pump it up with Carbos.

Bear in mind that not a single one of the Pokemon at the Elite Four is over level 50. I'm going to give it a bash now.

Right,

Some cunto going to explain how this trading through friend code thing works ? I have starter pokemon from all generations available for the masses but I dont know how to give them to you :(

Get your pal pad and register a friend code. Then go into the poke centre and click on the middle lady and connect to the WiFi room.

If someone follows the same procedure but registers your code then you'll both be in the WiFi room and will be able to connect and trade with each other.

Just as a note, it's better to trade before like 8pm, since the Wifi room tends to be really, really shit after then cause of the fucking yanks using it.

A special move and a physical move of the same type (ie - Fire) on one Pokemon is what I usually do. Has never failed me in any Pokemon game yet. Always take out the E4 in one go (two maximum) so I don't see the problem. Tis only a game after all.

I don't usually give pokemon both special and physical attacks unless they are strong in both stats. For example, I only have special attacks for Galvantula and only physical attacks for Emboar.

Does anyone have a Snivy or an Oswahott going spare? I can offer a Tepig.

I'll give you both, in an egg form. You can just trade shites, cause I'm a nice guy.

Also, earlier got a Reshiram for a Treeko! Whatta dick that guy was, pretty sure it's not hacked.