Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Did you at least breed it first? That's a must for me.

I'm gonna try and breed all my second/third evolution pokemon then I'll post my list. Although it'll probably be next week since I've got a class test tomorrow and I'm going to Annan on Saturday (might play on the way there though)

I could never bring myself to trade away any Pokémon I caught, except perhaps if it were unbreedable and for a version exclusive swap. Always makes sense to trade a bred one.

I could never bring myself to trade away any Pokémon I caught, except perhaps if it were unbreedable and for a version exclusive swap. Always makes sense to trade a bred one.

TBH it depends with me, I have traded away things like Braviary's and Dragonites recently, which I caught, but I only ever used them briefly and neither were levelled up at all.

I'm the same, but I have separated the boxes into generations and then roughly every 50, so I want to have every pokemon filled so I can just look through the boxes and they'll be full, completely.

I'm the same, but I have separated the boxes into generations and then roughly every 50, so I want to have every pokemon filled so I can just look through the boxes and they'll be full, completely.

:lol: my boxes are a mess, takes me ages to find anything I want on GTS trading, think I have 10 full boxes, I only really care about getting teh dex complete, if I manage that I will be mightily pleased, could take a while though. Thanks to GTS though I am uo to about 380 caught, with about 10 or so I can evolve further, just levelled up to an Aggron and a Manetrik. :wub: Possibly my favourite. Oh and I cam so colse to getting my Tornados, on negotiations a guy brought it up with a Thundurus and a Gouron, unfortunately I had nothing he wanted. :(

I managed to get a lvl 1 Snivy for one of my level 1 Zorua so I at least have one of the 3 starter pokemon again. Will just train that up. I'm at the Pokemon League now but I tried once (against the Ghost person) and failed epicly. I think I need a lot more training before I go for it.

Oh, my friend code is (for anything in future): 3224 5463 0257

Snivy Lvl 20 after just one battle against a 32 Tranquill :)

BTW, how do you get rid of shitty names given to you through trade?

Edited by garymcc1874

I managed to get a lvl 1 Snivy for one of my level 1 Zorua so I at least have one of the 3 starter pokemon again. Will just train that up. I'm at the Pokemon League now but I tried once (against the Ghost person) and failed epicly. I think I need a lot more training before I go for it.

Oh, my friend code is (for anything in future): 3224 5463 0257

Snivy Lvl 20 after just one battle against a 32 Tranquill :)

BTW, how do you get rid of shitty names given to you through trade?

You cannot, you could breed it (with a ditto to get that pokemon if it's not a legendary) then evolve it and then bin the one with the stupid name.

Either that or if it's the different language version then it might change to English when it evolves.

I take it you know about breeding since you played Crystal?

You cannot, you could breed it (with a ditto to get that pokemon if it's not a legendary) then evolve it and then bin the one with the stupid name.

Either that or if it's the different language version then it might change to English when it evolves.

I take it you know about breeding since you played Crystal?

I know about breeding, aye.

Just put two compatible pokemon in daycare together, is that right? Been a while since I played Crystal.

Just got the fifth badge and beat Bianca. I wish I could have more than 6 Pokemon though, I have to have an ice cream cone in my party! Gutted that I only have the rom so can't trade, but am I hell paying £100 to have that added bonus.

Anyway, these are my 7 main pokemon...

Pignite - Lv 31

Simisage - Lv 30

Paliptoad - Lv 30

Drilbur - Lv 29

Zebstrika - Lv 29

Sigilyph - Lv 29

Vanillite - Lv 26

Edited by GingerSaint

Just got the fifth badge and beat Bianca. I wish I could have more than 6 Pokemon though, I have to have an ice cream cone in my party! Gutted that I only have the rom so can't trade, but am I hell paying £100 to have that added bonus.

Anyway, these are my 7 main pokemon...

Pignite - Lv 31

Simisage - Lv 30

Paliptoad - Lv 30

Drilbur - Lv 29

Zebstrika - Lv 29

Sigilyph - Lv 29

Vanillite - Lv 26

These pokemon have been prominent members of my team since I got them too. Excadrill is a machine, especially when you get swords dance and earthquake. biggrin.gif

Should I teach my Sigilyph some more offensive moves for better type coverage? Currently the moves it knows are:

- Air Slash

- Psychic

- Reflect

- Light Screen

Air Slash and Psychic are both decent, STAB moves, but should I maybe give Sigilyph Ice beam and Energy Ball/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball for better type coverage? I currently don't have an ice type pokemon or a water type in my main fighting party, but I'm due to defeat the dragon gym leader next so it may be worthwhile.

I know about breeding, aye.

Just put two compatible pokemon in daycare together, is that right? Been a while since I played Crystal.

Best bets a ditto and any other, almost garunteed.

Can finally get a pseudo- legendary team, I now have dragonite, metagross, tyranitar, hydregien, shelldom??? And a newly acquired gible, the dreams on.

Got that to a level 50 Serperior already. Easy.

Now my main 6 is: Serperior (50), Victini (50), Sawk (53), Stoutland (43), Klang (41), Tropius (55)

Not really wanting the Tropius tbh but don't know what to ask for as a trade or that.

Is it possible to get Ditto before completing the game at all? Other than by sheer luck in a GTS negotiation? It doesn't let you search for it on GTS.

You can get a ditto on the route just before victory road. Oh and you will get shaggered with that team, absolutely destroyed.

You need a ground/steel get an excadrill, also get rid if your sawk, I would suggest a seismitoad. Oh an you can ony ask for pokemon on gts that you have seen in the game.

Best bets a ditto and any other, almost garunteed.

Can finally get a pseudo- legendary team, I now have dragonite, metagross, tyranitar, hydregien, shelldom??? And a newly acquired gible, the dreams on.

Salamance is the final form, yeah I would have that except you'll get absolutely raped by anyone with an ice move. My Sigilyth and it's massive speed and ice beam for instance.

also Gary, Eelektrik is a great pokemon to get (Tynamo's final evolution) it has no weaknesses because it's an Electric type but its ability is levitate so ground moves don't affect it(unless gravity or smack down is used on it) They're pretty rare to find in Chargestone Cave, which is the only downside.

Edited by forehead7

Yeah, Shelton evolves at 50, mines at 41 so a wee bit to go.

Just realise I am building a wee team of legendaries, all of these ones bar tordandos, with uxie, azelf, raiku, ho-oh.

I have managed it, all 153 pokemon in the uneovo dex caught. :lol: traded my thundurus for a guy tornadus.

Also managed to obtain a gourdon and a razyquale??? For a reshiram and a spiritomb. They are really good for trading, people always seem to want them once you show them it.

I have managed it, all 153 pokemon in the uneovo dex caught. :lol: traded my thundurus for a guy tornadus.

Also managed to obtain a gourdon and a razyquale??? For a reshiram and a spiritomb. They are really good for trading, people always seem to want them once you show them it.

tongue.gif

Genesect.jpg

Edited by forehead7

Can't get the 3 of them yet though, so techniqually I have completed it for now. Anyway you're just jealous :P

Oh aye and I have all 6 pseudo-legendary pokemon, so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Edited by Widge

Fear not guys. I'm waiting on my sister giving me a loan of her DS so that I can transfer the Pokemon from White over to my cartridge. Once I have a full Unova Pokedex I'll be able to do whatever swapsies folk need.

Fear not guys. I'm waiting on my sister giving me a loan of her DS so that I can transfer the Pokemon from White over to my cartridge. Once I have a full Unova Pokedex I'll be able to do whatever swapsies folk need.

Pffft, you mean you havent completed the dex yet. :P

TBH to say I am pleased i a very accurate statement.