Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

used to play pokemon gold all the time it was brilliant. can remember waiting for it to come oot was so excited! wasnt there 3 rare dogs on pokemon gold/silver?

Edited by QosLoyal

I didn't really play Stadium as there wasn't as much of a storyline to them.

Colosseum and XD for Gamecube are decent though.

Il give the Stadium ones a shot as they are in an emulator im downloading.

Also does anyone have a preference between Diamond and Pearl, or is it much of a muchness?

They'll probably have Whirlpool back though <_<

Honestly, that was the single annoying thing about the 2nd Gen games.

"Because of HM05's conversion from Defog to Whirlpool, these games are the only games in which all available HMs teach damaging moves."

...and unfortunatley you are correct. :(

"Because of HM05's conversion from Defog to Whirlpool, these games are the only games in which all available HMs teach damaging moves."

...and unfortunatley you are correct. :(

HMs really annoy me in general, apart from maybe Surf and Fly which are decent moves.

Diamond was OK for this though, since Bibarel could pretty much learn anything and be used as a HM bitch. :D

HMs really annoy me in general, apart from maybe Surf and Fly which are decent moves.

Diamond was OK for this though, since Bibarel could pretty much learn anything and be used as a HM bitch. :D

Very true. Cut was useless and later on in the game I always run out of Pokemon firstly who can learn it, secondly who I'd want to learn it which is frustrating when going back to old areas to fill up the Pokedex.

Bibarel was my HM slave too. It's handy like that.

What HMs are they assigning for HG/SS? I presume Flash is no longer an HM courtesy of the Gen IV downgrade (about fecking time) but what else?

Presumably:

HM01: Cut

HM02: Fly

HM03: Surf

HM04: Strength

HM05: Whirlpool

HM06: Rock Smash?

HM07: ?

Very true. Cut was useless and later on in the game I always run out of Pokemon firstly who can learn it, secondly who I'd want to learn it which is frustrating when going back to old areas to fill up the Pokedex.

Bibarel was my HM slave too. It's handy like that.

What HMs are they assigning for HG/SS? I presume Flash is no longer an HM courtesy of the Gen IV downgrade (about fecking time) but what else?

Presumably:

HM01: Cut

HM02: Fly

HM03: Surf

HM04: Strength

HM05: Whirlpool

HM06: Rock Smash?

HM07: ?

01 Cut

02 Fly

03 Surf

04 Strength