Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Yeah, Pokémon doesn't let liars play.

Lol

A 26 year old who still likes to play soldier on MW2, cant criticize anyone for thier choice of game. We like this, you like playing your shitey soldier game, leave it at that.

Your trying to say we are too old for this kinda game, but we arent the ones coming to the forum in a shite attempt to mock us like some little 10 year old.

Grow up yourself before trying to take the piss out of anyone mate.

Oh and "Busta" .....really?

haha

looks like i've touched a nerve-achu

The 'dongle' method I believe is not available to those with a DSi so tough luck there mate.

Hes right mate, yer only chance is to trade them to a mate with a older ds then have him move them to you. This is why i opted for a lite instead of a dsi.

*** 400th Post ***

Ah, bollocks. I didn't really know the whole way of trading before I bought the thing, so figured it would be alright, plus the girlfriend told me the DSi "definitely has" a GBA cartridge slot. <_< Last time I listened to her. :lol:

On the plus side, she's looking to get a new DSi as hers is gubbed, so hopefully I can convince her to buy a Lite, and swap it with me for the DSi, that way she gets what she wants, plus saves some money.

I've got all the 1/2/3 generation Pokemon on my Ruby game, and I fancy trading some over to use in this and Platinum, guess I'll need to wait.

Just found an absolute gem of a website.

http://www.filb.de/g.../tools/aikotoba

Enter your trainer number and Gen 4 version and language and it gives you the codes you need to tell to the manny in Jubilfe or Violet City to get new Box wallpapers, and in HG/SS also to get a free egg.

The first egg is a Mareep, but there's another to be revealed in mid April.

The video it shows me is Japanese. Is there any way to change this or do you all speak Japanese? :P

Because the games are old, and use a certain type of internal battery, the battery will give way and won't save. I think if you were to start a new game, it wouldn't save. It's a shame, but they rectified the problem in Crystal.

I battled my friend today. I lost. I was gutted. His Pokémon were about five levels stronger on average, so I think that's fair enough. I will be battling him again tomorrow after fives after I sit playing it all through the night.

I thought the internal battery only made sure the clock feature worked on the old games and when it died the clock stopped working. You could open it and replace it with a new watch battery though.

That said, my Pokémon Gold still works fine.

Got defeated by the Champion Lance, his level 50 dragonite got me, wiped out most of my team before i killed the b*****d, then his aerodactl finished me. Not too bothered tho, the "Elite" Four were a pile of piss and i can get my team stronger and take down that fuckers dragonite.

Thinking back to the old man ice gym leader, saying how hes battled pokemon his entire life, and hes only got level 35 pokemon, then your trainer shows up and wipes the floor with him, "Been doing this for a week pal, Epic fail"

3rd gym leader done, and I'm now on to Ecruteak City. Been to the Burned Tower and seen Raikou etc and just met him in the wild, but I've got nothing just now to stop it fleeing unfortunately. :(

Teams changed a bit from my last post:

Quilava - level 23

Flaffy - level 23

Nidorino - level 23

Dratini - level 23

Pidgeotto - level 23

Weepinbell - level 23

Got a level 22 Geodude and Raticate in the storage PC as well. Might need to bring Raticate out for the next gym leader, as he uses Ghost Pokemon, and the only Pokemon I've got who has a move which is super effective against them is Raticate, with bite.

The video it shows me is Japanese. Is there any way to change this or do you all speak Japanese? :P

You don't need a video :huh:

All you do is enter your Trainer ID and click HG/SS and English Version and it generates the codes. Then just go to Violet City Pokemon Centre and talk to the guy next to the PC and put in the codes to unlock.

Anyway, for Pokéwalker fans, get your Nintendo Wi-Fi set up between your DS and your Router etc tonight as the Yellow Forest route with Surfing and Flying Pikachus available is able to be obtained with Mystery Gift from April 2nd until some point in May.

You don't need a video :huh:

All you do is enter your Trainer ID and click HG/SS and English Version and it generates the codes. Then just go to Violet City Pokemon Centre and talk to the guy next to the PC and put in the codes to unlock.

Anyway, for Pokéwalker fans, get your Nintendo Wi-Fi set up between your DS and your Router etc tonight as the Yellow Forest route with Surfing and Flying Pikachus available is able to be obtained with Mystery Gift from April 2nd until some point in May.

Its allready available mate, i downloaded it earlier. Theres a surfing pikachu and a flying one up for grabs.

Lance bet me again, but this time i killed 3 of his before one of his weaker dragonite got me. But on a major plus my gengar took out 3 of the 4 elite four by himself and advanced 6 levels. Gonna do the exact same again and get him to as high a level as i can, ill dream eater those dragonite p***ks.

Its allready available mate, i downloaded it earlier. Theres a surfing pikachu and a flying one up for grabs.

Lance bet me again, but this time i killed 3 of his before one of his weaker dragonite got me. But on a major plus my gengar took out 3 of the 4 elite four by himself and advanced 6 levels. Gonna do the exact same again and get him to as high a level as i can, ill dream eater those dragonite p***ks.

Ah right I tried at 3am this morning and it wasn't working. Saw a thing that said they'd moved the gift release date. I'll get onto it this evening.

I thought the internal battery only made sure the clock feature worked on the old games and when it died the clock stopped working. You could open it and replace it with a new watch battery though.

That said, my Pokémon Gold still works fine.

Ah. It could be both. Yours rings a bell though. My mistake.

My Gold works fine too. Don't think I'll ever be playing it again, though.

I'll be jumping up to my mates at some point, or borrowing his connector again to get The Yellow Forest. I've still not bought mine.

Ah. It could be both. Yours rings a bell though. My mistake.

My Gold works fine too. Don't think I'll ever be playing it again, though.

I'll be jumping up to my mates at some point, or borrowing his connector again to get The Yellow Forest. I've still not bought mine.

Can't you get your DS to connect to your router?

Can't you get your DS to connect to your router?

I need the password for it, and no-one can remember what it is. I've searched for all the documents and guides we got when we got the computer, but it's no-where to be seen. Any ideas on what I could do? (preferably doesn't involve calling some Asian BT worker who will keep me on hold for a few days.)

I need the password for it, and no-one can remember what it is. I've searched for all the documents and guides we got when we got the computer, but it's no-where to be seen. Any ideas on what I could do? (preferably doesn't involve calling some Asian BT worker who will keep me on hold for a few days.)

Use your computer which is connected to it, and log into the router page. What type of router you got?

Once you've got into that you should be able to view the wireless settings and check/change the password.

In Aberdeen my parents use the wrong password encryption so whenever I want to go on I just turn the router password off and make it temporarily unsecured, but in Glasgow I use WEP.

...So is my Game Boy fucked? Or just Silver? :(

Cheers for the answers anyway. I today discovered my mum owns a DS, so I may see what's what with it and look at purchasing a newer game.

Use your computer which is connected to it, and log into the router page. What type of router you got?

Once you've got into that you should be able to view the wireless settings and check/change the password.

In Aberdeen my parents use the wrong password encryption so whenever I want to go on I just turn the router password off and make it temporarily unsecured, but in Glasgow I use WEP.

It's one of the BT Home hub things. I've managed to enter the serial number, and change the password. Wireless settings are on, but I don't know what to do now.

It's a WEP thing, apparently.

Lol

haha

looks like i've touched a nerve-achu

He is right though, you think you can come in here on your high horse, saying "haha pokémon is for virgins" yet you play videogames yourself, what makes playing pokémon so different from the games you play?

At least you can be in the Army but you're a sack, you can't catch pokémon thats why people find it so endearing.

So, to sum up, FUCK. RIGHT. OFF.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

...So is my Game Boy fucked? Or just Silver? :(

Cheers for the answers anyway. I today discovered my mum owns a DS, so I may see what's what with it and look at purchasing a newer game.

Most likely your Silver save file is gone. You can try starting a new game and see if you can save that successfully.

It's one of the BT Home hub things. I've managed to enter the serial number, and change the password. Wireless settings are on, but I don't know what to do now.

It's a WEP thing, apparently.

Right in your router settings you should have a Wireless Settings tab or something to that effect. Go into it, and you should have a choice of security settings (WEP, WPK etc). If it is a WEP, it will either be a 10 or a 20 digit passcode containing the numbers 0-9 and letters A-F. It probably displays it there. That is the password that any laptop has to enter to access your router.

Right in your router settings you should have a Wireless Settings tab or something to that effect. Go into it, and you should have a choice of security settings (WEP, WPK etc). If it is a WEP, it will either be a 10 or a 20 digit passcode containing the numbers 0-9 and letters A-F. It probably displays it there. That is the password that any laptop has to enter to access your router.

I need a username and a password to the "Basic Config" tab, which is apparently where the wifi settings are. I'd assume the password will be the one I've just made, but I don't have a clue what the username would be.

It's cool. I should be getting a laptop soon. I'll sort it all out when I get that. Cheers anyway. :)

I need a username and a password to the "Basic Config" tab, which is apparently where the wifi settings are. I'd assume the password will be the one I've just made, but I don't have a clue what the username would be.

It's cool. I should be getting a laptop soon. I'll sort it all out when I get that. Cheers anyway. :)

getting a laptop wont fix anything mate, your router still needs configured, you need to phone bt and find out your login details the router config

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/feature.asp?c=701

this will help you after that. You need your first WEP key once you configure your security to wep. But get onto bt and get into your config mate.

Only other option is forking out for a Usb wifi for the ds.