Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I found my DS which I have barely played since I got it and discovered that I had Pokemon Ruby & Diamond. Ruby is a game that I had previously played on the old Game Boy but to be honest never got into. Is it possible to transfer the Pokemon I had on that game onto Pokemon Diamond? I only have the DS but one is a card thing and the other is a cartridge so there is two spaces.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yeah you can but I think you need to complete Diamond first to get the National Pokedex.

Update on mine: Pokedex at 75. Struggling a bit as I've just reached Cinnabar Island and of course it's a Fire Gym, so of course my decision to go Bulbasaur at the start is going to give me a headache.

Yeah you can but I think you need to complete Diamond first to get the National Pokedex.

Update on mine: Pokedex at 75. Struggling a bit as I've just reached Cinnabar Island and of course it's a Fire Gym, so of course my decision to go Bulbasaur at the start is going to give me a headache.

It's never too bad with water types. If you've got a Lapras from (is it Sliph?) train it up a bit. If not, even a well trained Tentacruel/Gyarados/Dewgong with Surf should absolutely tan them.

Come to think of it, if the Pokemon you've taught Surf is any good you should be absolutely WASTING Cinnibar.

Tips for those trying to catch the legendary dogs (not employed it myself yet because I've not bothered with them despite encountering Entei and Raikou twice each). Get a Wobuffet (special ability Shadow Tag) or a Golbat with Mean Look to stop it escaping. Then get any Pokemon with False Swipes (usually Scythers have it) and bring them down to 1HP. Then bring out a Pokemon with Thunder Wave to Paralyse or a move to put it to Sleep. If it's at night, throw a Dusk Ball (or else an Ultra Ball), and you're really struggling to have a better set of circumstances to catch it.

If you get one of the dogs down to 1HP, Asleep, and use a Dusk Ball, you have just under a 25% of catching it, which is bloody good considering it's a legendary and I remember the old days when I spent a whole day soft-resetting to catch Ho-oh with a bunch of Great/Ultra Balls. My old Gameboy Colour's battery ran out and I was frantic until I found a couple of AA batteries in an electric keyboard and... erm... liberated them!

Litterally what i done sir, Planning to catch the other asap.

Anyone looking forward to going to kanto?

Heres a question for the fans on this thread, whats your favorite generation? For me its litterally goes in order, 1,2,3,4.

The first was excellent of course, and the second one totally complimented it. the third was pretty meh but had a few good ones, aron for example. And with the exception of a few pokemon the 4th gen was just shite.

What about favorite pokemon? for me its

1. Espeon
  2. Charizard
  3. Arcanine
  4. Steelix
  5. Pidgeot

It's never too bad with water types. If you've got a Lapras from (is it Sliph?) train it up a bit. If not, even a well trained Tentacruel/Gyarados/Dewgong with Surf should absolutely tan them.

Come to think of it, if the Pokemon you've taught Surf is any good you should be absolutely WASTING Cinnibar.

I think my highest water type is Lapras at 25, which pales in comparison to my Venusaur at 59. Because I've been working to complete the Pokedex I've been chopping and changing my team as much as possible with only Venusaur as a regular, so he's the only one levelled up to any great extent. Might take me a wee bit of time.

Litterally what i done sir, Planning to catch the other asap.

Anyone looking forward to going to kanto?

Heres a question for the fans on this thread, whats your favorite generation? For me its litterally goes in order, 1,2,3,4.

The first was excellent of course, and the second one totally complimented it. the third was pretty meh but had a few good ones, aron for example. And with the exception of a few pokemon the 4th gen was just shite.

What about favorite pokemon? for me its

1. Espeon
  2. Charizard
  3. Arcanine
  4. Steelix
  5. Pidgeot

Favourite generation was the second. I never got to play the first all that much, and I can't really remember it. My Yellow got stolen.

Gold and Crystal were superb games, and had a cracking storyline. The third generation Pokémon look ridiculous. Spoink? What the f**k is that? I quite enjoyed the fourth.

So, 2, 1, 4, 3.

I can't really list my favourite Pokémon, it continuously chops and changes too much. I'd love to have all five "pseudo-legendary" Pokémon. Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamence, Metagross and Garshtomp.

Favourite Generations, eh? You really just can't look past the 2nd Generation. Two regions, loads of Pokemon, the introduction of breeding, the introduction of time based elements, the introduction of hold items... all of the stuff that now seems bread-and-butter in the new games happened because of the innovation in Generation 2. Sure, the Elite 4 was ridiculously easy in comparison etc. etc. but it took what was a very rough concept (albeit massively attractive for the retro factor) of Generation 1 and moulded it into a complete and cohesive article. For those reasons, I'm going to say: 2,1,3,4 (although 3 and 4 are much of a muchness).

My personal all-time line-up (non-legendary) line-up would be:

Feraligatr/Swampert

Alakazam

Dragonite

Umbreon

Electabuzz (or whatever it's new fully evolved form is)

Blaziken/Tyranitar

If we're allowed legendaries then it would be:

Swampert

Mewtwo

Rayquaza

Lugia

Groudon

Giratina/Darkrai

Special mentions to Luxray, Pidgeot and Nidoking who have all too often been loyal partners despite not being statistically up to it for ultimate teams.

Edited by Carbolic Smoke Cures Colds

Favourite Generations, eh? You really just can't look past the 2nd Generation. Two regions, loads of Pokemon, the introduction of breeding, the introduction of time based elements, the introduction of hold items... all of the stuff that now seems bread-and-butter in the new games happened because of the innovation in Generation 2. Sure, the Elite 4 was ridiculously easy in comparison etc. etc. but it took what was a very rough concept (albeit massively attractive for the retro factor) of Generation 1 and moulded it into a complete and cohesive article. For those reasons, I'm going to say: 2,1,3,4 (although 3 and 4 are much of a muchness).

My personal all-time line-up (non-legendary) line-up would be:

Feraligatr/Swampert

Alakazam

Dragonite

Umbreon

Electabuzz (or whatever it's new fully evolved form is)

Blaziken/Tyranitar

If we're allowed legendaries then it would be:

Swampert

Mewtwo

Rayquaza

Lugia

Groudon

Giratina/Darkrai

Special mentions to Luxray, Pidgeot and Nidoking who have all too often been loyal partners despite not being statistically up to it for ultimate teams.

When you put it like that your right about gen 2, i was only thinking from a pokemon standpoint, but in terms of the generations your definetly right, so in that respect im 2,1,3,4 aswell.

In terms of the most stupid pokemon, god theres a few to look at, for pure utter stupid lookingness my winner is Tropus, that grass/flying type, i mean look at it:

Spr_4p_357.png

Its a bloody flying braciosaurus with banana's sticking out its throat. And heres its bio:

"Because it continually ate only its favorite fruit, the fruit started growing around its neck." What a stupid pokemon

Well, I ended up beating Blaine first time! Although it took a lot of luck. Was reduced to using my Venusaur against an Arcanine. Luckily my Razor Leaf got a critical hit and took away a third of his HP to knock him out - if it had only taken a sixth of that he'd have then used a Hyper Potion.

Been playing the game corner in Goldenrod for a couple of hours nearly, trying to get enough coins for a Dratini... I'm utter shite at it, and still about 1000 off the total I need. Think I'll give up on that for a wee while.

On the game itself, I'm training up my team a bit before facing the 3rd gym leader. My team so far:

Quilava - lv18

Pidgeotto - lv18

Bellsprout - lv17

Flaffy - lv17

Rattata - lv16

Not that impressive so far. Anyone enlighten me as to what the highest level of pokemon is that the 3rd gym

leader uses? Just so I've got an idea of what level I should be looking to train my team up to.

Also, on the subject of trading between SS or even Platinum, with older versions - say Ruby/Sapphire, how would it work with the DSi, as that has no slot for the old GBA cartridge? Or is it just not possible?

FUCKING ARGH!

Should have used a Hyper Potion on my Feraligatr and finished off Lance's LAST Dragonite a turn later, but no, I decided to attack and fucking f**k!

Back to the start of the Elite Four. NOT FUCKING HAPPY! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I'm heartbroken.

Turned my Game Boy on to continue my Silver game, it says the save file is corrupted.

How can that even happen on the Game Boy?!?!

Usually happens when the power is switched off while saving.

I'm heartbroken.

Turned my Game Boy on to continue my Silver game, it says the save file is corrupted.

How can that even happen on the Game Boy?!?!

Because the games are old, and use a certain type of internal battery, the battery will give way and won't save. I think if you were to start a new game, it wouldn't save. It's a shame, but they rectified the problem in Crystal.

I battled my friend today. I lost. I was gutted. His Pokémon were about five levels stronger on average, so I think that's fair enough. I will be battling him again tomorrow after fives after I sit playing it all through the night.

I went to play pokemon once.

as it loaded it asked

are you a virgin?

with a yes/no check box.

i checked no and a big GAME OVER came up

A 26 year old who still likes to play soldier on MW2, cant criticize anyone for thier choice of game. We like this, you like playing your shitey soldier game, leave it at that.

Your trying to say we are too old for this kinda game, but we arent the ones coming to the forum in a shite attempt to mock us like some little 10 year old.

Grow up yourself before trying to take the piss out of anyone mate.

Oh and "Busta" .....really?

Because the games are old, and use a certain type of internal battery, the battery will give way and won't save. I think if you were to start a new game, it wouldn't save. It's a shame, but they rectified the problem in Crystal.

I battled my friend today. I lost. I was gutted. His Pokémon were about five levels stronger on average, so I think that's fair enough. I will be battling him again tomorrow after fives after I sit playing it all through the night.

Have you or anyone else sorted out thier wifi yet? or got thier friend codes?

Mines is:

3223 7929 8646

Anyone is free to add me, just let me know your friend code so i can add you too, maybe we can set up a tourney at some point.

Im taking a break from the gym battles as im at my 8th badge but i wanna train and to some of the random sidequests, like the ruins of alph etc. Catching unown and the puzzles and also trying to catch the two roaming pokemon, my gengar is my secret weapon for this(Cheers Turbo), with his mean look and hypnosis. Entei is down to litterally 1hp but used roar on me, and raikou is in the red too, gotta find some better pokeballs like dusk balls and such. I think suicine is one you get available to you during the plot as it seems to like being chased.

The squads doing pretty good, my 3 starters(the kanto starters) have all evolved into thier final forms, ive got my gengar and i evolved scyther into scizor then retired him in place of a same leveled espeon i had in platinum who has the pokerus virus(btw i can set up carriers and trade them to anyone). So the teams all infected and getting stronger due to it.

Considering if i catch raikou to have him replace crobat or not(i realised that half my team have a electric/rock weakness and anyone packing a decent electric could cripple me)

Caught 5 unown at the moment and catching the 6th as i type this.

I realised the 3 tshirts the missus got me are pokemon related, 2 were obvious, but the one im wearing today i only noticed not long ago.

shirt_vgc_pokemonblue_mockup_LRG.jpg

No problem. When I'm at the point in the story of catching the three beasts I will transfer my Gallade over which knows both mean look and false swipe. wink.gif

Been playing the game corner in Goldenrod for a couple of hours nearly, trying to get enough coins for a Dratini... I'm utter shite at it, and still about 1000 off the total I need. Think I'll give up on that for a wee while.

On the game itself, I'm training up my team a bit before facing the 3rd gym leader. My team so far:

Quilava - lv18

Pidgeotto - lv18

Bellsprout - lv17

Flaffy - lv17

Rattata - lv16

Not that impressive so far. Anyone enlighten me as to what the highest level of pokemon is that the 3rd gym

leader uses? Just so I've got an idea of what level I should be looking to train my team up to.

Also, on the subject of trading between SS or even Platinum, with older versions - say Ruby/Sapphire, how would it work with the DSi, as that has no slot for the old GBA cartridge? Or is it just not possible?

I'm at the same point in the game as you. The third gym has just two pokemon and the highest levelled is a level 19 Miltank. It will no doubt have some healing move and rollout so thats one to be careful for.

The 'dongle' method I believe is not available to those with a DSi so tough luck there mate.

No problem. When I'm at the point in the story of catching the three beasts I will transfer my Gallade over which knows both mean look and false swipe. wink.gif

I'm at the same point in the game as you. The third gym has just two pokemon and the highest levelled is a level 19 Miltank. It will no doubt have some healing move and rollout so thats one to be careful for.

The 'dongle' method I believe is not available to those with a DSi so tough luck there mate.

Hes right mate, yer only chance is to trade them to a mate with a older ds then have him move them to you. This is why i opted for a lite instead of a dsi.

*** 400th Post ***

Edited by EdgarusQPFC