Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Okay, one thing that is starting to get on my nerves is the wild pokemon calling for help, don't get me wrong it's great for levelling and finding uncommon pokemon. But it's a nightmare when catching pokemon, just trying to catch a magby there and after wearing it down to capture health it summoned 9 more Magby in a row, you can't catch when a 2nd is on the field and this magby would summon replacements the same turn I would bring them down. A 1 minute max capture took 10 fucking frustrating minutes. They need to reduce how often they summon allies or put a limit on how many. Catching a baby pokemon shouldn't be such a pain. 

Just arrived on the 3rd island. Pretty comfortable with my Squad at the moment. Was using a wishiwashi as my water type but his Schooling ability is far too much of a double edged sword. Using a Poliwrath at the moment but once my team is in the mid 30's he will be swapped out for the demo Greninja. 

Some great pokemon in this gen that are hindered by thier awful abilities. Loving the game tho

20161129_090349~01.jpg

Same here. I'm trying to cover a few types but I'm really just training the ones I like and trying to cover type advantage with TMs. Will post mine up after work but I'm basically at the same stage as Ed.

Very disappointed the game wouldn't let me name my Munchlax 'Fat b*****d'. I found a compromise.

Leveled my Pikachu to 34 before evolving to get Discharge first. Alolan Raichu is pretty cool. I'm getting my Growlithe to 39 (I think) for flamethrower before doing likewise with a fire stone.

Favourite of the new gen so far is Lycanroc. Monster.

I agree that its hard to build a squad without a heavy Gen 1 count, Islands 1 and 2 are heavy Gen 1 and so far Island 3 hasnt been much different. My outside of my starter favorite of the new pokemon so far has been Mudbray/Mudsdale Great Physical attacker, solid health and defenses and a great ability in stamina, basically whenever he gets attacked, be it physical or special his defense goes up a stage. Loving my starter thus far. Hoping the remaining islands will really showcase the new pokemon because so far im sitting with 4 gen 1 and only 2 gen 7's on my team. 

I have a level 17 Pichu at the moment. Been feeding him lots of beans and patting him and letting smash through people etc. I'm just about to give him a soothe bell. I have no idea about happiness evolutions this far in so hoping that means he'll evolve soon. Don't want to miss too many moves Pikachu might want to learn.

7 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Rainbow Beans will take your pokemon from 0 to 3 or even level 4 affection in a single one. 

Affection != friendliness

You can't affect friendliness in Refresh. Soothe bell and running around a bit as well as leveling up is the easiest way.

I gave my Pichu a Soothe Bell about level 18 and it's 20 just now. Gonna Google some more ideas although I've since added Misdreavus to my party and the next Pokemon that'll be chucked out is Pichu/ Pikachu if I capture someone I prefer.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I gave my Pichu a Soothe Bell about level 18 and it's 20 just now. Gonna Google some more ideas although I've since added Misdreavus to my party and the next Pokemon that'll be chucked out is Pichu/ Pikachu if I capture someone I prefer.

Ive read on a few places that giving them alternating tm's, giving them one, overlaping it with another and so on slowly raises happiness

Switching out some team members for a bit of variety and to give me more options if i discover a tough battle(might add ive only lost once so far, to that lad who gives you the Zygarde cube) Giving Mimikyu(Amazing ability btw, basically stops the first hit it takes in battle from dealing damage), Absol, Golem(from a trade at a pokecenter) shots. Trying to catch the ice Vulpix too at the moment. The game certainly feels tougher than previous ones, as mentioned before ive only lost once, but ive came very close to losing a few times. Switching off EXP share is a must i feel otherwise i think id be having a much easier time. The Totem variants are quite challenging at times.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC